Why become a member? ×

Double jack?

hooky_lowdown

I'm guessing you want to add different effects to each channel (amp). 

I've never done it but I'd assume you can just wire a second jack in parallel with the first, just spur a wire off of each wire on the original jack and connect them to the matching terminals on the new jack. Being passive you can't harm anything trying. 

You need a Y-lead comprising a jack socket (preferably locking) going to 2 x jack plugs.  The legs of the Y need to be long enough to reach the input jacks on each amp.  Use your existing lead between the bass and the Y-lead socket.

No need to modify the bass

• Like 1

4 hours ago, obbm said:

You need a Y-lead comprising a jack socket (preferably locking) going to 2 x jack plugs.  The legs of the Y need to be long enough to reach the input jacks on each amp.  Use your existing lead between the bass and the Y-lead socket.

No need to modify the bass

Or make a splitter box that, can be attached to the pedal board. Then you just use standard leads.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

I have a P bass, standard set up, volume, tone, jack. For a new project where I run two rigs at once, I require two outputs, so two jack's. How easy, or difficult is it to add a second jack to the loom?

I already have a side hole (from previous project), so the second hole is already in place.

Simple job especialy as you have the hole already, another socket wired in series with the original gives you the 2 outputs, two standard leads for split  or one lead in either socket for normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, KiOgon said:

Simple job especialy as you have the hole already, another socket wired in series with the original gives you the 2 outputs, two standard leads for split  or one lead in either socket for normal.

Thanks. This is what I thought, but your reassurance has filled me with confidence to go ahead. 👍

1 hour ago, KiOgon said:

I'm no electrics expert, not by a long stretch so this genuine interest, you are the man in the know. If wired in series would the bass only work if both outputs were used, the second jack plug being needed to complete the circuit, where as in parallel either output could be used independently? 

• Thanks 1

The simplest solution to achieve the same electronic circuit would be to put a splitter on the input of one amp, plug your bass onto one of the "outputs" and connect the other "output" to your second amp.

One of these ought to do it-

https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg08553/6-35mm-jack-adaptor-2x-mono-to/dp/CN21098?mckv=s4LrgMuDw_dm|pcrid|224689766569|kword||match||plid||slid||product|CN21098|pgrid|49729733449|ptaid|pla-838930841252|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=CjwKCAiAu9vwBRAEEiwAzvjq-xPcZjc5gxtzlNnO5t3IhJ2Ih__vnzH7spXhJBJU9SDvA0HMOKisARoCvuUQAvD_BwE