Why become a member? ×

NYE gigs with pictures.

stingrayPete1977

Who's up to what then?

We're playing a tickets only pub ,van is loaded up ready to go shortly. Normally this particular pub is a pain to get loaded in with half cut/cooked up punters watching the football that won't move out the way that thankfully don't stay for the gig but as it's NYE the pub are closing at 6 PM before opening again later so we should be able to load in to an empty pub,we will see.

Pics and a review to follow, please add your own.

• Like 1

I'm depping tonight with my old band, so an easy and pleasant way to spend NYE. We're somewhere in Swindon we've payed before, but I can't remember it - we played a lot of gigs there back in the day.

I'm told there's a dress code - no T shirts, no jeans, no trainers. It's going to be a cold night!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

HJ has just raided the fridge too! What is it with you guys, who can eat and then go straight to bed? I can't sleep if I do that.

Just got in from my gig. Quite a good crowd, most of them up dancing all evening so job done I think. Am now enjoying some cheese & biscuits with olives and a glass of Punk IPA, marvellous. ( My sleep may be threatened by this Silvia, but as it’s the end of my run of seasonal gigs I’m risking it!)

Happy New Year!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, casapete said:

Just got in from my gig. Quite a good crowd, most of them up dancing all evening so job done I think. Am now enjoying some cheese & biscuits with olives and a glass of Punk IPA, marvellous. ( My sleep may be threatened by this Silvia, but as it’s the end of my run of seasonal gigs I’m risking it!)

Happy New Year!

Me too. :)

A good gig tonight.  Some cheese and crackers, sliced apple and chutney and red wine.  Very nice as I was driving so no booze.

Happy new year everyone.

Frank.

• Like 2

We arrived at the pub to discover that, yet again, the band had been creatively renamed. They are called Damo And The Dynamites, but this is what the pub had put on their board.

725199394_DamoNYE1.thumb.jpg.4b64027ffb0061cc495e654acf68de4a.jpg

Damian & The Dynamoes? Null points for trying.

And this is @Happy Jack sporting 'the look' and 'the bass'..1180627875_DamoNYE2.thumb.jpg.5a5ed103c3a1a07f00bf65ce7837d75c.jpg

Note the Surf Green Lull with the equally Surf Green curly lead. :)

We'll publish some videos tomorrow.

Good night and Happy New Year to all!

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
  • Like 11

All set up, in my lounge. We do a NYE party every year and set some stuff up for anyone who wants to play. (I can't play at the moment due to wrists)

Had about 40 in the house last night including an elderly French couple who do old french show songs with backing trax. Brilliant.

Had a French mate on the drums and a French guitar teacher there but the weird thing is, the drummer was complaining that he couldn't stand my snare drum or kick pedal so changed them for his stuff and then asked to go into a bedroom to practice😆 The guitarist only played two numbers as he can only play his Strat and couldn't achieve "his" sound!! And then asked if I had the chord chart for Rollover Beethoven???

FFS! It was a party for friends, not a gig. 😆.  All the Brit players simply picked up anything with strings and got on with it.

Talk about divas!

Still, great party.

Happy new year everyone.

20191230_185328.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, leschirons said:

Had a French mate on the drums and a French guitar teacher there but the weird thing is, the drummer was complaining that he couldn't stand my snare drum or kick pedal so changed them for his stuff and then asked to go into a bedroom to practice😆 The guitarist only played two numbers as he can only play his Strat and couldn't achieve "his" sound!! And then asked if I had the chord chart for Rollover Beethoven???

Aaaargh! bluddy guitards and 'their sound' our current lead diva has the most complicated board I've ever seen, and all he ever does is bend down and twiddle, sometimes in the middle of songs!!

• Haha 1

Local pub about 20 mins away that we do about 3 or 4 times a year. Great landlord, ticket only, lovely punters, food and bar tab for the band. We couldn't have asked for a better one apart from the singist struggling to get his voice back after the local virus had clobbered him a few days back.

Ooh and it was the first time out for my new 4 string G&L L2000 - i enjoyed playing it on the night and having had a listen to the video through headphones i'm really happy with my sound. 

Loads of positive feedback from everyone so we're all smiling rabbits today apart from the singer who has 2 days to get rid of his Barry White voice before the next one :-)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mudpup said:

Local pub about 20 mins away that we do about 3 or 4 times a year. Great landlord, ticket only, lovely punters, food and bar tab for the band. We couldn't have asked for a better one apart from the singist struggling to get his voice back after the local virus had clobbered him a few days back.

Ooh and it was the first time out for my new 4 string G&L L2000 - i enjoyed playing it on the night and having had a listen to the video through headphones i'm really happy with my sound. 

Loads of positive feedback from everyone so we're all smiling rabbits today apart from the singer who has 2 days to get rid of his Barry White voice before the next one 🙂

Or you have two days to learn a whole new set of Barry White songs.

• Haha 1