Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Immaculate Chowny SWB Pro short scale unlined fretless. Quilt maple top, purple burst finish, Ebony fretboard, EMG pickups. 2 band pre
£650
Kelsall

vinorange

Back up for sale as trade fell through is my immaculate Chowny fretless.

Dropped to £595 including delivery. Will trade or part trade up or down for anything with frets - preferably P or J. Also would consider trading for an all valve head.

Up for sale or trade is this immaculate unmarked custom ordered Chowny SWB Pro short scale unlined fretless. Finished in a spectacular purple burst over a quilt maple top, it has EMG pickups with 2 band EMG preamp, a rather nice ebony fretboard, Wilkinson tuners and a fitted gator foam case. It’s unmarked and immaculate, obviously plays great (and it has no fret buzz coz it’s got none)! I took it in a trade on here but it’s just not up my street really. I always like the thought of a fretless but then realise they’re just not my thing. It’s a doddle to play though as it’s short scale and the position markers on the neck edge are on the fret rather than in between so again that makes it easy to hit accurate notes. This model retails at £850 but in this colour is currently on a 8-10 week backlog.

Vital stats are; 38.5mm at the nut and 4.2kg on the scales.

Will ship insured with UPS anywhere. Can deliver or meet up within 60 miles of Chester.

Thanks for looking.

Heres some blurb.

Developed by Scott Whitley a professional gigging bassist (Big Country and formerly The Animals) the SWB Bass Range is designed to be a professional gigging bassists short scale bass.

Traditionally ‘short scale bass’ has largely been associated with student basses and limited, muddy tones – not any more! The SWB Pro professional, modern-sounding short scale bass affordable to everyone.

The SWB range are incredibly flexible basses to suit any style of playing – from growly traditional through to scooped, hi-fi slap tones and everything in between. 

Now the SWB Pro takes this to the next level with boutique finishes and a number of significant upgrades. With a matched EMG Jazz Pickup pair and EMG Pre-Amp as standard, this bass features a 5 piece satin walnut and maple neck, wilkinson tuners and ebony fretboard.

Additional information

Dimensions

120 x 15 x 45 cm

Body Wood

Ash with Quilt Maple in Gloss or Matt Ash/Walnut

Neck

Five Piece Maple and Walnut

Fingerboard

Ebony

Scale Length

30.75"

Electronics

Active EMG 2 band EQ

Controls

Pickup Selector / Volume / Tone (passive), Pickup Selector / Volume / Bass / Treble (active)

Pickups

EMG Matching Jazz Set

Tuners

Edited by vinorange
Back up for sale
  • Like 1