Why become a member? ×

I don't think its Richard Madeley? ( Hair cut 100)

KingPrawn

Just now, BrunoBass said:

Les Nemes. Very decent player indeed. 

I think he moved into session work after H100 split, I don’t know what he’s doing now.

By the way I’ve heard two different ways to pronounce his surname: ‘Nem-iz’ or ‘Neems’. I don’t know which is correct.

22 minutes ago, Maude said:

Our drummer was asked by Nick Heyward to be the druminator for Haircut 100 before they made it. Being into the whole punk/post punk scene he told Mr Heyward to feck off and informed him his band was sh!t. 😆🤪😄

love it 

Edited by lurksalot

Digressing slightly, but I think Nick Heyward is a fine songwriter. The album discussed here, North of a Miracle is full of melodic, quirky songs, but his 1993 album From Monday To Sunday is excellent in my opinion, and unfairly overlooked. Unfortunately I think Nick’s early boyband image killed any credibility with the media and overshadowed a genuine talent. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BrunoBass said:

Pino certainly played on Whistle Down The Wind which was the lead off single from the album (North of a Miracle) but I don’t think he played on any other tracks. 

Pretty sure Pino did play on TTS - just looked at an old mimed performance of the song (on TV show Razmatazz) and Pino's part of the band with his fretless 'ray. 

Edited by Sandypjb
Fact check

13 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

Back in the day my wife had a crush on old Nick. She sent him a pair of underpants, small size if I remember right. She was well whizzed off not to get a reply. 

Strange woman...

Female or male underpants? M&S? C&A? Asking for a friend....

• Haha 1

On 31/12/2019 at 00:01, BrunoBass said:

Digressing slightly, but I think Nick Heyward is a fine songwriter. The album discussed here, North of a Miracle is full of melodic, quirky songs, but his 1993 album From Monday To Sunday is excellent in my opinion, and unfairly overlooked. Unfortunately I think Nick’s early boyband image killed any credibility with the media and overshadowed a genuine talent. 

Completely agree. He’s a wonderful song writer. I’d also throw Nik Kershaw into that bracket of continuing to write excellent songs

Edited by KingPrawn
  • Like 1

On 30/12/2019 at 23:51, BrunoBass said:

Pino certainly played on Whistle Down The Wind which was the lead off single from the album (North of a Miracle) but I don’t think he played on any other tracks. 

Great bass line on that song - should have realised it was Pino, he certainly made a lot of those 80s songs a whole lot better with his playing.

2 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Completely agree. He’s a wonderful song writer. I’d also throw Nik Kershaw into that bracket of continuing to write excellent songs

I've seen Nik Kershaw a handful of times recently.  He did a tour with Go West a couple of years back which was the first time I had ever seen him - he is amazing.  HUGE personality and charisma.  One of the gigs, think it was IndigO2, they each did an arrangement of one of the others songs.  He did 'Missing Persons' and it elevated what is already a fabulous tune to another level.  Saw him do a solo acoustic gig at Union Chapel in London and it was just a brilliant night.  His guitar playing isn't too shabby, either.  Very talented guy.

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 23:51, BrunoBass said:

Yeah, but wasn't "Rissoles Give You Wind" (as it's forever known here at Chez Mango) a Nick Heyward solo career thing, not a HC100 track?