Why become a member? ×

All gear sounds the same.....

Cuzzie

It’s become blatantly obvious all gear sounds the same. I am talking literally everything, basses, amps, cabs, PA’s, pedals within their respective category, strings.

The only thing that makes a difference is the tonewood and compression. Those that think otherwise forgot to ask Santa for the gift musicality for Christmas consistently for their entire life. Also  people who mainly play with a pick are superior in every way. This way tone can only be in the Finger - not plural.

While I am here, chordal type players don’t count, they can do one to the guitarchat sister site.

I am not wrong, I have read every post of every single thread on this site and this is the logical conclusion, hence no poll - discuss if you wish, but.......

oh and a happy new year

Edited by Cuzzie
Didn’t want to come across too much of a plum, so I added a nice bit at the end
  • Like 5
  • Haha 14

9 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

All budgies sounds the same too.

I’ve got a green one and a blue one. I can’t tell the difference, it’s stupid to say you can. I did a blindfold test but they kept flying into the walls. I’m sick of it. 

You need this one 

Edited by ezbass
  • Haha 1

I’d say that in a live setting - amongst all the other instruments in a band - all basses do sound pretty much the same... Unless the instrument is of such a poor quality that a large part of the tonal range is missing (at either end of the spectrum).

Its in the studio - and subsequently on recordings - that the various nuances of different instruments is more perceptible.

That said it depends what kind of sound you’re going for. If all you want is a muddy indistinct thud then pretty much any bass can be made to sound that way.

1 minute ago, CamdenRob said:

That said it depends what kind of sound you’re going for. If all you want is a muddy indistinct thud then pretty much any bass can be made to sound that way.

It’s still  very hard to make that mud happen, I practice hours on end to achieve it only for some god forsaken piece of equipment to have the temerity to make me sound articulate.

Look no further than Patrick Hunter - he is the master of making all pedals and basses sound exactly the same - pure genius

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, CamdenRob said:

I’d say that in a live setting - amongst all the other instruments in a band - all basses do sound pretty much the same... Unless the instrument is of such a poor quality that a large part of the tonal range is missing (at either end of the spectrum).

Its in the studio - and subsequently on recordings - that the various nuances of different instruments is more perceptible.

It was a joke, a joke, don't even go there.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

It’s still  very hard to make that mud happen, I practice hours on end to achieve it only for some god forsaken piece of equipment to have the temerity to make me sound articulate.

Look no further than Patrick Hunter - he is the master of making all pedals and basses sound exactly the same - pure genius

It's odd that producers want nothing but good clean signal, so they can then make it sound as muddy as they like.

I like mud, and it can be made to sound quite expensive:

I can tune down half a step and churn that kinda stuff out all day long. 🤗

Edited by Ricky 4000