Why become a member? ×

Gear4Music case

Fishman

I have the rectangular one which I mainly got to ship a bass to me. I reckon they are very good - light and really effective protection (for personal use, I wouldn't expect to take one on tour with a road crew of course).
I think they beat padded bags for protection, equal them on weight and are a bit more bulky. At 35 quid I'd recommend. I'd probably go rectangular as it takes the same space and might give more protection, depends on bass and fit though. Mine fits a std Jazz perfectly.

• Like 1

I bought one to store a bass safely at home. It seems to be pretty good but it hasn’t left the house yet to see the rigours of the road. Nice and light and feels like the hard foam would provide protection from bashes and the like should it be regularly used for gigging. Often with cheaper cases I see stitching tearing away or zips breaking, so possibly something to look out for - but at £35, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if it only lasted a year, right?

I’ve got one of these. I think it’s a good case, especially for the money. 
When it arrived, the lining was coming away from the foam shell in places. It looks like some kind of spray glue is used to attach the lining.

I kept it because I thought it was still usable, but I mentioned the issue in a review on G4M website. They contacted me immediately and refunded my money, and when I offered to return the case they told me to keep it.

Thanks, G4M! 
I would definitely buy another one of these cases if I needed one.

• Like 2

At the risk of repeating myself, I’ve been banging on about mine for ages! Must have had it 6 or 7 years now, and it’s still looking like I just bought it. Used it in my main band doing up to 100 gigs each year, and it travels everywhere with me - in and out of our splitter van and always into my room when we’re staying over somewhere. Okay, it doesn’t get chucked around by road crew but it’s seen some use. These cases are strong and protect the bass really well along with being light and extremely easy to carry. Mine is the shaped version which I’d recommend over the oblong one. TBH for £35 it really is the definition of ‘no brainer’. Loved mine so much I bought another as a spare which is still awaiting use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jezzaboy said:

We do know the one in the link is the guitar case and not the bass one? The bass one is £39 and is quite tempting as a halfway house between gig bag and full monty hard case.

Late Xmas pressie to myself I think...

At £39 they are still a great buy. Do it!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Has anyone tried one of these G4M cases (either the rectangular one or the shaped one) with a short scale bass? I'm looking for a cheap and cheerful hard foam case for my Mustang but my concern is that the central neck support channel could be too long for a shorter neck. Has anyone used one of these with a Mustang or other 30" scale bass? Did it fit?

Just measured the interior of my shaped G4M one. The dimensions are -

Body cavity length (end pin to neck support) - 50cms

Neck support length - 36cms

Headstock cavity length - 33cms

My Dano Longhorn is 30.5" scale length and fits in fine, but your Mustang may be a tad longer? Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

On 29/12/2019 at 09:27, Dood said:

I bought one to store a bass safely at home. It seems to be pretty good but it hasn’t left the house yet to see the rigours of the road. Nice and light and feels like the hard foam would provide protection from bashes and the like should it be regularly used for gigging. Often with cheaper cases I see stitching tearing away or zips breaking, so possibly something to look out for - but at £35, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if it only lasted a year, right?

This I bought one for storage and I'm really pleased with it for the price and the zips seems pretty good to me 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, casapete said:

Just measured the interior of my shaped G4M one. The dimensions are -

Body cavity length (end pin to neck support) - 50cms

Neck support length - 36cms

Headstock cavity length - 33cms

My Dano Longhorn is 30.5" scale length and fits in fine, but your Mustang may be a tad longer? Hope this helps.

I've just measured up from the strap pin on the top horn to the nut on my Mustang and it's 38 cm, so I reckon it should in the case if the neck support s 38 cm. But Mr @Thunderbird says he has one and he lives just down the road from me so I might just invite myself around when we're allowed to mix freely again to see if my Mustang will fit in his case xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Osiris said:

I've just measured up from the strap pin on the top horn to the nut on my Mustang and it's 38 cm, so I reckon it should in the case if the neck support s 38 cm. But Mr @Thunderbird says he has one and he lives just down the road from me so I might just invite myself around when we're allowed to mix freely again to see if my Mustang will fit in his case xD

You bloody well won't lol

• Sad 1