Why become a member? ×

Wunjo’s Denmark Road

okusman

I even bought a bass from them a few years back - I got it out to photograph the headstock for another Basschat thread a few days back and was astonished the strings still sound fresh. 

Seriously though it's got a good stock and certainly had friendly staff last time I went - as with all places of this sort (eg Andertons), the best time to go to try instruments is when they are not busy (eg weekday morning - never Saturday!!). 

39 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Now I'm even more confused....Newcastle Hull??

Sorry. I meant Hull upon Tyne - - the ferry port that has a Denmark Road. 😁

Seriously though, I was just attempting to kid. Hence the expressionless emoticon with almost a tongue in its cheek.
One tiny cell in my near-brain opined there was something about the words "Denmark Road" that sounded off, and when I then finally found out what it was, I started wondering where they might have a road of that name, and thus thought of Hull and Newcastle.
That's all. Sorry for the confusion, and no malice was intended. 

Edited by BassTractor

1 hour ago, BassTractor said:

Sorry. I meant Hull upon Tyne - - the ferry port that has a Denmark Road. 😁

Seriously though, I was just attempting to kid. Hence the expressionless emoticon with almost a tongue in its cheek.
One tiny cell in my near-brain opined there was something about the words "Denmark Road" that sounded off, and when I then finally found out what it was, I started wondering where they might have a road of that name, and thus thought of Hull and Newcastle.
That's all. Sorry for the confusion, and no malice was intended. 

None taken, just wondered if you had been on an early sampling session of your Islay tipple!

• Like 1

I remember way back window-shopping in Denmark Street and Shaftsbury Avenue. The place was a mecca for guitar shops. I'm not sure if Wunjo's was a name in those days, but my memory is not what it used to be.

Glad to see that a physical store in a high rent district is able to hold its own against online retailers. Great customer service cerainly helps.

Brings back fond memories.

4 hours ago, BlueMoon said:

I remember way back window-shopping in Denmark Street and Shaftsbury Avenue. The place was a mecca for guitar shops. I'm not sure if Wunjo's was a name in those days, but my memory is not what it used to be.

Glad to see that a physical store in a high rent district is able to hold its own against online retailers. Great customer service cerainly helps.

Brings back fond memories.

I think I remember looking for a Jazz sometime near 2007 and going in there, but have no idea how long they were around before then..... 

Last time I went in I was chatting to them and found out that there's a few buildings that are now listed and have to remain as music shops. Great to hear that considering all the redevelopment and central location. Just a shame the 12 bar wasn't included on that list! 

• Like 1