Why become a member? ×

G&L L-2000.

tom1946

Hahaha will do Frank, They have them for a stupid price at the moment, should be £676, Andertons have 3 left at £499!!!!

Mine arrived today and I'm getting used to it, colossally powerful is the first observation, back later when I work out what all the switches do....

2 hours ago, tom1946 said:

Hahaha will do Frank, They have them for a stupid price at the moment, should be £676, Andertons have 3 left at £499!!!!

Mine arrived today and I'm getting used to it, colossally powerful is the first observation, back later when I work out what all the switches do....

Stop that at once Tom.  It's far too tempting.  I had one before and only parted with it to make a deal work when I bought my USA Fender Jaguar.

Yours is a much nicer finish than the sunburst I had, plus the maple fretboard. 😕

Frank.

Well, an update to buying this bass.

It had a faulty EQ in that the active/passive switch crackled and buzzed so I rang and they said no problem we'll exchange it  3rd of Jan'

So I waited in all day and rang them (Andertons) at about 4pm to check that they were still coming to exchange the bass and there was a wait while he checked. When he came back he said there was no record of this!

I then said look just pick this one up and refund me, you've wasted my day. He was very apologetic and said that he would exchange it on Monday. I'm sorry but by then my faith had totally evaporated so I said no.

Shame on you Andertons!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, tom1946 said:

It had a faulty EQ in that the active/passive switch crackled and buzzed so I rang and they said no problem we'll exchange it  3rd of Jan'

So I waited in all day and rang them (Andertons) at about 4pm to check that they were still coming to exchange the bass and there was a wait while he checked. When he came back he said there was no record of this!

I then said look just pick this one up and refund me, you've wasted my day. He was very apologetic and said that he would exchange it on Monday. I'm sorry but by then my faith had totally evaporated so I said no.

Shame on you Andertons!

That’s not great is it... 😕

What a waste of your day.

8 hours ago, tom1946 said:

Shame on you Andertons!

I bought a US GL CLF L2000 from them for £1400. Got it, looked fantastic, took it down to the studio but it didn`t float my boat especially for the money. Contacted them to return it and it took 4 or 5 days to arrange the return but they came when they said they would.

But I had to chase them up to confirm the money was back in my account. And when I checked, the bass was up for sale again at £1600. And when I bought it, they sent me a mail to say that the bass had been on display and had some small marks on the back but no mention of the marks when they put it back up for sale at a higher price.

(Just checked, they state that the bass may be on display and they will more than likely send you a mail as they did me.)

I have bought a few things from them but I think they need to tighten up the mail order side of the business. 

Edited by jezzaboy

Glad it's not just me, very perceptive Machines, I bought it as a backup because I can't find another used Stingray.

Once shops mess me about I won't use them again.

Strangely enough I buy more stuff from gear4music than anywhere else. Tip top service. (For me anyway)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tom1946 said:

Glad it's not just me, very perceptive Machines, I bought it as a backup because I can't find another used Stingray.

Once shops mess me about I won't use them again.

Strangely enough I buy more stuff from gear4music than anywhere else. Tip top service. (For me anyway)

I had a similar experience with a J&D Jazz bass with DV247, the courier lost it and DV247 took too long to sort, so I cancelled the order. It made me realise I didn't actually want it.

I then didn't use them for 2 years until they were the only place that had what I needed in stock, but this experience was without fault so they were redeemed.