Why become a member? ×

Celestion Speaker in Fender Bassman TV 15

Volunteer Department

New to this but here I go.

I have a Fender Bassman TV Fifteen. (The Amp)

My pals went on tour with it and blew the speaker. The speaker was a 1x15" Celestion Green Label Ferrite Bass speaker, 400 watt power rating. I think that’s the BL-15 400x?? This one: original speaker.

The amp sat in the garage for 5 years. Now I want to replace the speaker but I cannot find that same speaker anywhere to purchase. It’s ‘not available for purchase’ or ‘out of stock permanently’ anywhere I look. Where did it go? I find Celestion speakers with Neodymium instead of Ferrite. I read that Ferrite is superior - is this true? Do they use Ferrite anymore?

What speaker should I get to replace my original? Would a Celestion BL-15 300x work for me?

Is this the speaker I’m looking for?—> https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/celestion-bl15-400x-green-label-15-400w

I certainly want that deep warm consistent sound. Any info anyone can throw at me would be greatly appreciated. I wanna buy the right speaker the first time around and get to work. 

Edited by Volunteer Department
Typo

I used to own a TV15 and it was a lovely combo.

But because of the, very heavy, ferrite speaker magnet in the original speaker, it weighed a ton.

I used to dream of fitting it with a Neodynium speaker :)

By the way, the original speaker was 4 ohms.

Edited by gjones