Why become a member? ×

A.C.G. bass pre-amp

daflewis

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='46185' date='Aug 16 2007, 07:41 AM']That's a brilliant review there daf. I'm pretty excited as my ACG isn't far away from being ready. Hmm... you've got me thinking, my Warwick fretless already has 4 holes in it :)[/quote]

thanks greeneking,

i do think that the pre-amp could have been designed specificaly with a warwick in mind. it just seems to bring out the "wood" so well.

by the way, my offer still stands, if anyone wants to get "hands on" i'm happy to meet up.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='daflewis' post='45408' date='Aug 14 2007, 07:47 PM']i put down a warwick and pick up a rickenbacker!! :huh: (hmm, fretless ricky... that's something ive never seen... :huh:[/quote]

My friend has a fretless Ric, i'll see if i can get some pics :)

Yeah cool review! The filter sounds wicked, although i do get scared of loads of controls, its all i can do to convince myself to put a j-retro into my fender deluxe, and this has more knobs then that lol

Si

cheers ash,
it was good to meet you, and hopefully it helped change your mind about warwicks too. :huh: see you soon!

"My friend has a fretless Ric"

si, you know it's funny, when i met ash (metalmaniac) the other day he told me about his friends fretless ricky as well, but that was a "custom" defret; is your friend's a "factory" one? i'd imagine it has quite a distinctive sound! a picture would be great if you have time; sound clips is probably asking too much?!?:) :huh: .

as for too many knobs; i do find that i set a range of sounds to suit the situation i'm playing in and then just use the pick-up pan as a tone control, it's a bit like an engineer setting up the sound for a room then just "tweaking" during the gig. i think of the huge range of controls as being a way to find the best sound that's in a bass and then pretty much leaving it....you can't improve on perfection.... :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

"Well as a result of this thread, I've just ordered one to go in my Pedulla Buzz. Would it be OK to add my review to this thread?"

i bet that's going to sound fantastic! i look forward to reading your review -
it'll be good to see if you think it's as great as i do! (i do hope so - i'm gonna feel kinda responsible!! :huh: )
i'll adjust the title to show there are two reviews when you've posted it. do you think you'll be able to add some sound clips too? i'd really love to hear what that sounds like! :huh: :huh:

daf

Edited by daflewis

[quote name='Sibob' post='53364' date='Aug 31 2007, 02:08 PM']I'm not sure if my friends Ric is stock or retro-defretted, i'll ask him and see what kinda pics and clips i can get!

Si[/quote]

fair enough, :)

cheers,

daf

Edited by daflewis