Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton BA5110C 500W combo amp (SOLD)
£120
London

jrixn1

1000-FJXE6651.JPG.c8d80c7ee401126398953d575c5ec589.JPG

Update: sold now

Discontinued Harley Benton BA5110C combo amp.

500W head mounted in a 1x10" cab.  The head is removable so it can be used with other cabs.

Apparently the head is the same as (or very similar to) the Ibanez Promethean P5100.

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/168416-another-promethean-clone/

I bought it new many years ago and have used it as a back up and for rehearsals, with bass guitar and upright; sometimes as a combo and other times just the head with Gallien Krueger and Barefaced cabs.  I've always been happy with the way it sounds.  Also it can go pretty loud.

Front panel: instrument input, active/passive switch, gain, low, high, boost switch, bright switch, six-band EQ (switchable), colour (switchable), contour (switchable), master volume, mute switch, phones out, and aux in.

Back panel: XLR line out with ground lift, tuner out, footswitch input (footswitch not included), and speaker outs (1x Speakon, 1x jack).

Includes a little leg which screws vertically into the bottom of the cab enabling it to tilt back.

Some fan noise when running.  Overall in reasonable condition - a small tear in the fur on the front side.  A solid setup really which I've hung onto despite going full FRFR/in-ears a couple of years ago.  But now very much surplus to requirements.

Approx 12kg, 39cm W x 39cm H x 30cm D.

Collection from north London (Woodside Park) or I could drive a short distance to meet.  Also, I'm driving to Bristol on 30th/31st December so perhaps could meet there or somewhere along the M4.

1000-FJXE6655.JPG

1000-FJXE6654.JPG

Edited by jrixn1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

If these are as close to the Promethean as I hear they are, this is a steal.

I've had one of these, the Redsub and the Promethean. I didn't notice any discernible difference in tone or quality. I'm sure I read somewhere that someone took their HB to bits and found the Ibanez pre in there too. All made by the same company.

• MB1 locked this topic