Why become a member? Ɨ

Cat stopped play.

ambient

I had planned on spending the day recording for my new solo bass album. Someone else has other ideas šŸ˜‚.

She was fast asleep in the airing cupboard, then she woke up. I could hear her howling for attention; Siamese cats are anything but quiet. She came in, jumped up, howled at me, just in case I hadnā€™t heard her in the bathroom orĀ on the landing, then settled down to go back to sleep.

1FEA0A59-0DBA-4CF8-B765-E4A7C2EFC2FF.jpeg

0A30E5B8-08EB-4A68-B339-BCFD55347128.jpeg

Edited by ambient
  • Like 12

16 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

ā€œI couldĀ hear her howlingā€

Maybe you need to incorporate this howl into your music ?

Siamese are well known for their vocalisation. Sheā€™s got a whole range of different sounds, from subtle meows to very loud and piercing shrieks. These vary in loudness and shrillness depending on her moodĀ and general disposition. Sheā€™s a very loving and affectionate cat, quite unlike a normal cat, sheā€™s also though very demanding of attention. Sheā€™d gone to sleep in the airing cupboard because my nephews had come over, she doesnā€™t like children.Ā 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiwi said:

My family had a succession of siamese and oriental cats from when I was 11 through to 3 years ago.Ā  They're fantastic cats, very quirky and interesting, but a bit prone to health issues.

Iā€™ve heard before about health issues, weā€™ve been quite lucky. The only thing she suffers from is anxiety, something we didnā€™t know cats could suffer from.

I have to admit, weĀ didnā€™t really do our homework. My mom had always wanted a Siamese, so we bought her as a 12 week old kitten, thatā€™s almost 12 years ago. We veryĀ soon realised that theyā€™re totally different to other catsĀ šŸ˜†. You can have a conversation with her, youā€™ve no idea what sheā€™s saying of course, though Iā€™m not sure she doesnā€™t know what youā€™re saying back. She has to know everything that youā€™re doing, otherwise she sulks.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well, they stop playing when they grow up. My cat was super playful when he was a kitten. Now, I have the feeling that just like humans, he grew up into an adult who has more important stuff to do, lol. From time to time (when he's in a good mood, I guess), he plays with me, but most of the time, he looks at me like I'm crazy. I can read on his face that he is bored and that my behavior is not appropriate. But I did not give up,Ā catlicking.comĀ I've found on this blog several tips. I give him supplements to boost his energy, and I buy smelly toys that tempt him to move his donkey!Ā 

Edited by denhamok