Children of the Revolution - T.Rex

Lets Stick Together - Bryan Ferry

Gotta Get Away - Stiff Little Fingers

Working For the Yankee Dollar - The Skids

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Lorna Bennett 'Breakfast in Bed' has taken me longer than it probably should have, the chord changes kept catching me out, just about got it now though.

Next up is Jonny Nash 'Tears on my Pillow'.

Great choices there , such a good song, I remember Glen Browne did a video on that Bassline a few years back 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Great choices there , such a good song, I remember Glen Browne did a video on that Bassline a few years back 

Ah, nice - have just found that, it would have saved me some time! Still, was probably a useful exercise figuring it out myself.

• Like 1

Not bass but, i have been asked to cover on guitar for a good friend who's band has just lost both guitarists for an upcoming gig. So dusting off my guitar and learning some 90 minutes worth of vintage reggae classics.👍🏾🤪😁🔊🎶🎵🎸

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jazzyvee said:

Not bass but, i have been asked to cover on guitar for a good friend who's band has just lost both guitarists for an upcoming gig. So dusting off my guitar and learning some 90 minutes worth of vintage reggae classics.👍🏾🤪😁🔊🎶🎵🎸

What sort of songs have you got to learn jazzy 

1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

What sort of songs have you got to learn jazzy 

A variety of vibes from Ska, Toots, John Holt, Wailers, Morgan Heritage, Beres Hammond, UB40.

I had pretty much paused my guitar playing to concentrate on bass, so this is a nice push to get my chops back as i do still have some nice guitars that deserve to be played.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jazzyvee said:

A variety of vibes from Ska, Toots, John Holt, Wailers, Morgan Heritage, Beres Hammond, UB40.

I had pretty much paused my guitar playing to concentrate on bass, so this is a nice push to get my chops back as i do still have some nice guitars that deserve to be played.

Sounds great 

• 2 weeks later...

The drummer, in my new band, is a big Richie Kotzen fan, so he's suggested some of his songs for the set.

The only problem is that he plays both guitar and bass on the recordings and he does insist on doubling the lead guitar with the bass.

The basslines he plays are difficult enough to play on guitar and are almost impossible for me to play on bass (if the guitar bends a note the bass does as well).

I've told the drummer he's banned from suggesting songs, in future, unless they're Status Quo.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Quilly said:

Not gigging much lately and need some songs to practice with.

Id describe myself as 'intermediate' level. Any suggestions ?   

What style of music are you looking for.

I've just learned this and found it really good to play. Still to try in the band yet.

There are a few TABS for this but both are quite wrong but you will get the feel for it from using both TABS.

Or you can just learn by ear as i did.

Dave

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gjones said:

The drummer, in my new band, is a big Richie Kotzen fan, so he's suggested some of his songs for the set.

The only problem is that he plays both guitar and bass on the recordings and he does insist on doubling the lead guitar with the bass.

The basslines he plays are difficult enough to play on guitar and are almost impossible for me to play on bass (if the guitar bends a note the bass does as well).

I've told the drummer he's banned from suggesting songs, in future, unless they're Status Quo.

Or you just need to practice more :laugh1:

Dave

4 hours ago, Quilly said:

Not gigging much lately and need some songs to practice with.

Id describe myself as 'intermediate' level. Any suggestions ?   

I don’t know what you play Quilly but occasionally I like to funk it up a bit and play something different,  there might be some tunes here of interest 🙂

• Like 1