Why become a member? ×

Markbass Big Bang headphone problem

patman

30 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

Not sure about that.  Yes the amp is inherently mono, but the headphone socket will be wired for stereo headphones i.e. with the mono signal duplicated to L and R.

Yes I’m hoping the mono adapter will solve this issue but I would of thought a modern amp like this would not need it 🤩

35 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

Not sure about that.  Yes the amp is inherently mono, but the headphone socket will be wired for stereo headphones i.e. with the mono signal duplicated to L and R.

Just did a bit of internet research and you are right.  As you were Patman, I'm barking up the wrong tree, sorry.

14 minutes ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Just did a bit of internet research and you are right.  As you were Patman, I'm barking up the wrong tree, sorry.

No worries, I was hoping you were right because I’m after a quick fix without having to send it off for repair under warranty 🤩

22 minutes ago, patman said:

No worries, I was hoping you were right because I’m after a quick fix without having to send it off for repair under warranty 🤩

If you're handy with a soldering iron, I guess you could re-wire one of your existing cables - disconnect the wire currently connected to ring and move it to tip?  This would (I think!) duplicate the working L channel of the amp to both channels of the headphones.

Opening the tin on something mains powered which puts voltages across your head AND has a warrantee sounds like silliness to my mind :/

I've never heard of ANY kit since a crystal radio set that had a mono headphone socket, this this sounds like it's broken and needs to get sent back, this is quite probably the reason for the first return but it tested out ok because they didn't check the headphone socket :P