Why become a member? ×

So, what music related gifts did we all get today?

dave_bass5

My wife knows better than to buy me anything musical - she knows what is a must-have this month will quite probably be for sale before midsummer! She did give me a couple of waistcoats I'd admired in a Glastonbury shop recently which will be in my gig wardrobe next year, though.

Standing in the Shadows of Motown from my amazing wife. Can't wait to get in to that, though the kids somehow had other ideas of what to do with my time yesterday!! 

I also treated myself to a second hand squier classic vibe tele as I haven't had an electric guitar for a very long time and I'm bored of my acoustic and it's limitations. It arrived on Xmas Eve which was a nice result. 

10 hours ago, BassTractor said:

What does it mean though? I understand the AC/DC thing here, but E A D G ?
Doesn't ring a bell. 
😐

This will be my new go to gig t-shirt. It will be interesting seeing who gets it. The musos will.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Don’t want to be a Christmas party pooper, but if you have keyless go car keys, they really should be kept in a signal blocking pouch. Personally, I wouldn’t leave any keys on display either, but definitely keep the ones that can be scanned somewhere where they can’t. Have a safe Christmas and New Year 👊.

Thanks - my BMW has keyless but it's been disabled, it's also in another town! If someone wants to nick my crusty Passat then good luck to them...

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Don’t want to be a Christmas party pooper, but if you have keyless go car keys, they really should be kept in a signal blocking pouch. Personally, I wouldn’t leave any keys on display either, but definitely keep the ones that can be scanned somewhere where they can’t. Have a safe Christmas and New Year 👊.

Not necessarily.  Mrs Bassfingers key becomes inactive if it doesn't sense motion for 4 minutes, making them completely inoperative until they are physically moved again. Fords of the last year or two are the same.

Edited by Bassfinger

10 hours ago, PJ-Bassist said:

A few bassy bits from the family this year:

Jamiroquai Bass Book Vol 3 published by the awesome @Stuart Clayton

Money for a pickup upgrade for my VS4

And tickets to go see the Tedeschi Trucks Band @ Wembley in Feb

I love Jamiroquoi! And you've got me GAS-ing for those Stuart Clayton bass books but they all seem to be out of stock. Be great to get hold of all three volumes if they were available somewhere.

I got the “Beldray Cordless Window Vac".  Not quite musical but certainly produces a better sound than my bass playing (at least to the partners ears).

Also works wonders removing the moisture from Windows, Glass and Mirrors!!!   “WOOP, WOOP!!!" Ideal for clearing early morning condensation, misted car windscreens and steamed up shower rooms!!!

My prayers have been answered!! It truly was a Christmas miracle!! 

IMG_20191226_112204774.jpg

IMG_20191226_113438945.jpg

I also got this “Darkglass" plectrum that came with a free gift....

IMG_20191226_113523590.jpg

I think it's a fancy doorstop... :scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by Ted Theodore Logan, III
to include mention of the beldray 3 year guarantee
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I love Jamiroquoi! And you've got me GAS-ing for those Stuart Clayton bass books but they all seem to be out of stock. Be great to get hold of all three volumes if they were available somewhere.

I have all three, those along with my Helix FX have led me to some of the most fun I've had on the bass all year

Edited by PJ-Bassist

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Don’t want to derail the thread further than I have already, but I’ve dealt with hundreds of car theft victims. Some years ago, before scanning became the way to take high value vehicles, the persons responsible would break into houses, often whilst the occupants were asleep, to remove keys that were visible and then take the car. Scanning removed that necessity. Now that some keys are harder to scan, thieves are falling back to what they used to do. Either way, key hooks and the like are bad news in the crime prevention arena.

I feel I should point out that I live in an upstairs flat - my keys are only visible if you are 20ft tall! I also live in a cul de sac full of mainly old people and council tenants - your typical car stealing burglar is going to be looking elsewhere.

Edited by BreadBin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PJ-Bassist said:

I have all three, those along with my Helix FX have led me to some of the most fun I've had on the bass all year

Haha you're definitely not helping! Now if you can give me a clue where you got hold of your Jamiroquai books...

Just now, Reaper said:

Haha you're definitely not helping! Now if you can give me a clue where you got hold of your Jamiroquai books...

I got the first two from the bassline publishing website.  I'm not sure where Santa got the 3rd, hopefully the same place else the elfs may be up for a copy write infringement law suit

• Haha 1

Mrs Axe got me a music/tab book of Brad Paisley guitar, at my specific request. Spending Christmas with outlaws and only brought my acoustic, but might have a run through some rhythm parts this evening.

Also my daughter gave me a toy shaker which I suspect may have come from my grandkids’ toy box. I will keep it with my egg shakers :)