Why become a member? ×

So, what music related gifts did we all get today?

dave_bass5

2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Thought it might be good too see what music related gifts we got today.

Ill start. Although i did ask for it I'm very impressed with my Rumble 25 LT that my GF got me. just need to find a time to use it.

52ED53EF-ABC0-4EC9-97B1-B73E2CD6F209.thumb.jpeg.261f6bd3aabf3e31fc7986334f9f9bfa.jpeg

You’re very lucky. Mine would sooner walk over hot coals than buy me something guitar/music-related. 

Edited by 4000
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 4000 said:

You’re very lucky. Mine would sooner walk over hot coals than buy me something guitar/music-related. 

I find if i leave it so its too late for her to shop around for me she just goes with the links i send her. Then again she is the singer in my band so is sympathetic to the cause. 

I got her an IEM system. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I find if i leave it so its too late for her to shop around for me she just goes with the links i send her. Then again she is the signer in my band so is sympathetic to the cause. 

I got her an IEM system. 

She stands in the corner and waves her fingers wildly?...tough gig!

• Haha 1

I’ve been thoroughly spoilt today by my good lady wife - including a couple of music related items. 

Mark Lewisohn’s The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions - delving deep into this book with a glass of quality IPA in my hand is my idea of heaven. 

Also, the 4 CD deluxe edition of a-ha’s Hunting High & Low. The prog rock fans amongst you may scoff but it’s one of my favourite albums and an absolute masterclass in quality pop music. Can’t wait to get stuck into all the outtakes and extras.

Happy Christmas all! 

67D2374A-222E-4BD5-BF4A-7B8F5B3653A2.jpeg

• Like 1

Everyone in my family kindly made a small contribution to a jazz bass I bought in December, so no wrapping paper, no wastage and no unwanted presents!

Result.

I also got an 850g bar of Cadbury’s and a a few books too. The best present was having an hour on my own to chill out and unwind after cooking for us all.