Why become a member? ×

5 string pickups small poles

6feet7

I've a couple of Maruszczyk Jake 5 stringers, one is a P/J (not sure of the pickups but they have small poles) and the other is  P/MM with large pole Delano pickups. I love everything about this second bass (the red one) except for the large pole pieces. They look terrible (to me). Is there a set of modern sounding P/MM 5 string passive pickups that anyone can recommend as I can't find any online or in stores? 

08492D3B-3F8C-477C-9DB7-B9E954B82688.jpeg

Edited by 6feet7

34 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

If you like the sound but not the look, have you considered replacing the pickup covers with some without holes?

I like the look of the small pole showing through. Suppose I could just get small hole covers. 
Actually just looking at them it wouldn’t work as the covers are cut exactly around the poles. 

Edited by 6feet7

Nordstrand do a Big Splitman that has small staggered pole pieces in an mm shell. They also do a p with poles to match. Never tried them though so can’t comment on that.

If you were to consider anything active Delano do a p with small poles and  a hybrid pickup in an mm shell which is half large poles and half small. The hybrid is designed to work as a passive single coil but active as a humbucker. 

Mught be worth contacting Herrick pickups as they do an mm with single small poles pieces. I haven’t tried them but seen some good reviews.

• Thanks 1