Why become a member? ×

Exciting New Years Eve Gigs, What's Happening With Everyone?

Bluewine

A pub gig just 20 mins from my house

Its a regular venue for us with a lovely crowd, ticket only admission, food provided and a great landlord who has said to do whatever we want set wise.....I'm really looking forward to it :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spike said:

Our fourth New Years Eve at the Plough & Harrow in Harpenden. Always a  good gig there.

Local to me, I'm just down the road. Unfortunately won't be able to get out due to having small children and not looking for a babysitter on NYE but let me know the name of your band etc and I'll keep an eye out for you! 

1 hour ago, mep said:

Stopped doing them this year. Had enough of the usual NYE at one of our regular pubs after many years. Have fun if you are playing 

Since the 80's I've always said no to NYE gigs. But this year I was asked and said yes! It's a trio gig with vocals, guitar and bass. These are excellent players so I'm in for a good night.

• Like 1

I've put together a rock band for a one off gig this NYE. I've known the other guys for 15 years and they are all top players, we pooled together to come up with a seriously exciting setlist of rock covers from the 50s to the 00s. Probably mostly mainstream-ish pub rock with the odd heavier tinge, a little punk, blues, classic rock, some prog leanings and general rocking stuff. Lineup is 4pc - bass, 2 x guitar and drums with 3 of us sharing lead and harmony vocal duties. Been rehearsing twice weekly for the past 6 weeks and the set is smoking hot! Very excited!

• Like 1

We're in our usual venue but doing an extended set due to the late license. Edinburgh gains about 250,00 temporary residents over New Year and Hogmanay celebrations (a few years back there were 400,000 visitors to the city for Hogmanay) but hopefully they'll not all be in the pub at out gig!

Looking forward to it, got some new songs in the set we've been adding in and tightening up over the last few weeks and the set's are all quite lively!

• Like 1