Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Strings SOLD
£1000
Germany

HumblePie

On 24/12/2019 at 19:40, HumblePie said:

I am selling used Strings (some new ones), prices shown are for one set.

• Thomastik Spirocore mittel (6 sets), 50€ (standard string for Jazz playing, also good under the bow, powerful, punchy tone)
  • Pirastro Flexocor (6 sets), 100€ (one of the best orchestral strings, much thinner and easier to play than the Spirocore, nice dark tone)
  • Daddario Zyex light 80€ (very good Jazz sound, a little brighter than Spirocore, they bow well, good hybrid string)
  • Daddario Zyex medium, E, A, G, 50€
  • Daddario Kaplan light new, 140€ (very good orchestral string, easy to play, thin diameter)
  • Innovation Polychrome, new 140€ (perfect old school pizz sound, very much like wrapped gut strings, they bow well and have a nice dark tone)

Shipping fee is 10-15€, insured up to 500€ with DHL.

check your PMs please 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I had 15 sets or so, I have been playing double bass for 15 years and had stored all the strings I used in three boxes, so I decided to get rid of most of the used strings I have. Usually I play Spirocore for about a year and then get new ones, same thing with Flexocor. I used Spirocore for Jazz pizz and Flexocor for bowing, but now I play Evah Pirazzi medium tension for pizz and Flexocor Deluxe for bowing.

Edited by HumblePie

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2020 at 13:03, HumblePie said:

I should have one set left, let me check...

Any joy 😊? Cheers, John

Actually I’ve just bought something else 🤦🏻‍♂️
But could be tempted by a set of the mittels if they’re left?

Edited by oldslapper
  • Like 1