Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman TV 1 x 15" and 2 x 10 Combo

thebrig

Are the Fender Bassman TV 1 x 15" and 2 x 10 350w Combos loud enough for medium to large pubs?

I would love to hear the thoughts on both volume and tone from people who currently use them, or have done in the past.

My band plays "old school" R&B pub rock (Dr Feelgood etc).

Thanks

Bassman.jpg

1 minute ago, gjones said:

I used to own the TV15. It was loud enough for pub gigs but it weighed the same as a small planet. 

Oh dear! that could be a dealbreaker for me because of serious back problems, I assumed that it would Neo magnets which should keep the weight down

1 hour ago, thebrig said:

Oh dear! that could be a dealbreaker for me because of serious back problems, I assumed that it would Neo magnets which should keep the weight down

Ed Friedland, in his review on youtube, mentioned neodynium speakers but when the 6 foot 6 delivery driver refused to carry it up to my 3rd floor flat, I realised they weren't.

Possibly Fender original plan was to fit neo speakers but it would have added a lot to the cost, which was £700 when I bought it new.

So, gorgeous combo, but a total pain to hump around (with one little handle on the top).

Edited by gjones

On 24/12/2019 at 21:04, gjones said:

Ed Friedland, in his review on youtube, mentioned neodynium speakers but when the 6 foot 6 delivery driver refused to carry it up to my 3rd floor flat, I realised they weren't.

Possibly Fender original plan was to fit neo speakers but it would have added a lot to the cost, which was £700 when I bought it new.

So, gorgeous combo, but a total pain to hump around (with one little handle on the top).

You are right about Ed Friedland, his exact words were, "under the hood you've got class C switching power amps, and neodymium drivers which keep the overall package very lightweight"

How can he get it so wrong? 🤔

I always fancied one of these but they are very hard to come by now. I did road test one in Salisbury back when they first came out but it was the weight that put me off. Not so much the fact it was heavy but the weight distribution in trying to lift it with just that one top handle was quite ridiculous. 

• Like 1