Why become a member? ×

Single user - multiple accounts

krispn

21 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Has anyone ended up buying a bass from themselves, and if so, how was the haggling conducted? Did you have to drive to a distant motorway service station in order to conduct the transaction in front of a mirror?

That would fix 'sellers regret' I suppose. 

"I really wish I hadn't sold that bass........... but look at this one I've just bought!" 

😄

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Maude said:

That would fix 'sellers regret' I suppose. 

"I really wish I hadn't sold that bass........... but look at this one I've just bought!" 

😄

You're a genius!
Also: "Listen, love, this was way too cheap to let pass.
The seller lost 800 quid on it, ya know..."

😀

Edited by BassTractor
  • Haha 3

I find that some users have very individual and unique styles of writing, the words they use and the way they phrase things. Nothing wrong with this, of course, as we're all different people. But with a small number of users I can often tell who they are by reading one of their posts even if I've not checked who has actually posted it.

There was one user who recently posted in a style that immediately reminded me of another regular poster to the site, so much so that it set the alarm bells ringing that it was the same user posting under a pseudonym. The same unique phrasing, the same topic that the regular user regularly comments on, it all felt immediately familiar. Without proof this is obviously nothing more than conjecture but it did seem very strange. Maybe the user in question has been secretly cloned? 

• Like 2

Just now, dave moffat said:

I know it happens on other fora (ums?), but hoped it wouldn't here, Can't see the point really. Some forums even have multis arguing with themselves FFS. I can only suppose it's lonely people with no life away from the keyboard, very sad at this time of year.

I can think of some on here that would seemingly happily argue with themselves, but now's not the timr......... time, I meant time, definitely time 🤣

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Osiris said:

There was one user who recently posted in a style that immediately reminded me of another regular poster to the site, so much so that it set the alarm bells ringing that it was the same user posting under a pseudonym. 

What a load of rubbish, and you have no evidence whatsoever. When I post under my @Osiris moniker, I consistently use a completely different language and reference frame. Also, under that moniker I'm the erudite guy. 

I don't really wanna pick a fight with you, but it's very tempting right now.
...but you know that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I think getting dissociative identity disorder (or good old fashioned split/multiple personality disorder) confused with someone having more than one log in are different things. 

There have been threads about loneliness and depression/low mood which does seem to attract a more sympathetic tone but mental health in the context of personality disorders of indeed dissociative identity disorders (as a result of trauma, combat stress etc) are still fair game for banter. So long as folk are discussing it right!

I don’t believe for one minute someone with multiple accounts is struggling with their mental health I’m simply interested in their motivations.

I've occasionally had the suspicion that an individual, having opened an account, made a complete Richard of themselves and basically either been shown the door by the collective or banned by the mods, has opened another account with different details. It's unfortunately very easy to do if you have access to multiple email accounts.

Nothing concrete of course, but all the same...

Edited by leftybassman392

Maybe it's because people can be rather unkind to any famous bassists that are daft enough to come on here. I have multiple accounts as I can't have anyone discovering that I'm really Drongo Notorious, the single-note king of neo Emo-billy Zydeco funk.

BUGGER!!!

• Like 3