Why become a member? ×

Basses For Sale forum - from outside UK

dmccombe7

How come every nice bass i like on the For Sale section is from abroad.

Seems to be more and more appearing. Great news for those looking for something special but does the added cost of shipping make it a worthwhile option ?

What have BC'ers bought from abroad. ?  

What country did you buy it from ?

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

Every one of mine was from abroad. Makes no difference to the buyer at all, except maybe an extra day to wait. OK you can’t play them first but if you buy wisely you can always move it on for the same price if it’s not for you. 

Vigier from France

Smith from Portugal

G&L from USA

• Like 1

I live in Ireland and have bought from the UK, Japan, USA, Germany, Belgium, France, Netherlands and more. Choice is limited here and I never would have played the variety of basses I have had I not looked abroad. Do a bit of homework on the seller and you should never have any problems which is why feedback systems are so valuable.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

what did you buy and what countries Ped. Just curious.

I've edited the post to ask

I’ve edited mine too. Those are just the ones I have now - I’ve bought from Germany, Spain, Portugal, Canada, USA, Japan... think that’s all 🤔

• Like 1

Ibby GVB36 new from Muziker in Germany earlier this year. All good (kinda had to be - as production of this model had ceased and it was the last one available in Europe!)

But maybe you're only asking about used basses from fellow BCers in the FS? 

• Like 1

I like to try before I buy, that’s just me though. I was wondering the other day though; how much on an impact ‘it’ that we shouldn’t mention will have on sales, especially bearing in mind that anything other than the UK will have import charges.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ped said:

I’ve edited mine too. Those are just the ones I have now - I’ve bought from Germany, Spain, Portugal, Canada, USA, Japan... think that’s all 🤔

WOW that's a lot of buying basses from abroad. Do you use a specific company to go thru or buy direct from a person or shop.

I have GAS for a good quality Kramer DMZ4000 or 4001 but rare as hens teeth in UK but have seen some in US

Just now, dmccombe7 said:

WOW that's a lot of buying basses from abroad. Do you use a specific company to go thru or buy direct from a person or shop.

I have GAS for a good quality Kramer DMZ4000 or 4001 but rare as hens teeth in UK but have seen some in US

As long as it’s sent with insurance and I pay with PayPal there’s no risk my end. Some came from a shop and others from private sellers. To be honest I have found that good international insured shipping is better then domestic shipping quite often! 

• Like 1

My basses (and some equipment, too) are from local shops, local players, as well as abroad (shops and individuals from UK, France, Germany, HK, Norway, Russia, USA...). My latest jewel is from UK. There are so few better basses in one country, that when you are after one, I do not see a country border as a limit.

Usually few lines from the seller tell about the possibility to make a deal or not. Sometimes the seller does not want my money, and I can live with that. But most of the people are humble and honest players.

6 minutes ago, Bassman Sam said:

Yes. No problems now for musical instruments.

I wish someone had told UPS weeks ago. It all ended well but I was VERY close to recalling the bass cos they said that it might just be destroyed at customs.