Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie sale Guitar Guitar

krispn

18 minutes ago, thodrik said:

Depends on what Trace Head it is. I wouldn’t my trade my Trace V6 for a Mesa M6. However, I did sell a Trace SMX 300 to buy a Mesa M6, which I then sold to buy a Mesa Big Block 750

Take your pick - MkIV AH250, MkV AH250, MKV AH150, Series 6 AH300, GP12 SMX AH250.

39 minutes ago, 2elliot said:

Definitely as good as or better than a trace head. 

It would need to be a whole lot better.

I’ve tried an awful lot of amps but I’ve always moved them on again and gone back to my Trace heads. Maybe it’s familiarity, maybe it’s sentimentality, but to me they just tick all my boxes.

1 hour ago, Deedee said:

Take your pick - MkIV AH250, MkV AH250, MKV AH150, Series 6 AH300, GP12 SMX AH250.

I’ve tried an awful lot of amps but I’ve always moved them on again and gone back to my Trace heads. Maybe it’s familiarity, maybe it’s sentimentality, but to me they just tick all my boxes.

I've owned a 1225v since the early 90s, this m9 reminds me of that.  I haven't used it with a band yet but it has that same weight and quality  to the sound. 

Edited by 2elliot
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Deedee said:

If your that happy with your TE amp then don't see the point in wasting money on the Mesa. 

I'm a Mesa owner and love them but unlike you i was never satisfied with previous amps and i've tried many many amps incl Trace over the years.

Dave

• Like 1

I'm just in the process of pulling the trigger on the Strategy:88, however, even with its monster RRP of £3500 I've just learnt that it doesn't come with the footswitch as standard and that I'll have to fork out a further £150 for the privilege, somewhat off-putting to be honest. 

If a dirt cheap Behringer amp I had a while back can come with a 4 way footswitch as standard, a £3500 Mesa shouldn't even consider charging for one! 

Is it just me, or would this get your back up too?

Edited by binky_bass
  • Sad 1

Well, @krispn... you've really gone and done it now... 

Just sold my Markbass head and officailly pulled the trigger on the Mesa Strategy Eight:88 head! 

It better be good or you'll find me standing outside your window shaking my fist in anger! And before you ask, yes, yes I will obviously run away if you open the door... 

• Haha 4

My Powerhouse 412 came this afternoon - it's big he he . Just a tad bigger than the Eden 610 , but somehow feels a lot bigger .

Won't fit in the under stairs cupboard , where the 610 just about squeezes through the door - 412 is about a cm wider - so has to go in the garage with the bass bins from the PA .

I can say though , that the fit and finish of these Boogie cabs are second to none - absolutely top notch .

It's probably going to be a cab that will only be used 3/4 times a year , but I can live with that .

Wife wasn't pleased at the size of it , but realistically , buying a couple of BF 410's is out of my price range at the moment , and probably for years , if ever .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Curious to know how that all sounds live. Post a VID clip or sound clip if you can.

It'll be coming with me to band practice next week, I'll record a clip if I remember!

Just had a little play and it is quite a monster, being able to run it low, half or full power is definitely needed! Shame the footswitch didn't come with it as the solo function would have been useful.

All in, so far so good! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Quite possibly... 

The rear of the head has 4 separate inputs which would seem to suggest a generic footswitch would work for any one function. I'll probably invest in the correct Strategy footswitch though as it'll then do the lot. 

Screenshot_20191230-130218_Chrome.jpg.84c1fd8457e41a1bfe13c7e9248b3a6d.jpg

Worth also checking the bespoke footswitch that @bassfan had made for his Mesa M6, for a reasonable price I recall. 

• Like 1

Just now, binky_bass said:

I've sent them a message, let's see what they say, although their website does say they are not taking on bespoke orders.

I think that’s been on the website for a while. If you don’t ask you don’t get. 😃🤞🏻

13 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I've sent them a message, let's see what they say, although their website does say they are not taking on bespoke orders.

A Boss FS-6 may possibly do the trick for the Solo and Mute functions...

In case you've not seen...