Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie sale Guitar Guitar

krispn

On 22/12/2019 at 13:27, krispn said:

The M6 is a super responsive head and sounds great - not a vintage amp but a great sound nonetheless! I have two Fender heads which share a similar power section to the M6 (and each other) and getting an M6 would be an embarrassment of riches...oh yeah and I'm running out of room!

Would you go for the M6 over the M9? 

@dave_bass5a brand new rack mounted Mesa M6 for £700. It could just be Xmas... 😄 

2 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Bargain. Fantastic amps!!! 

I've heard and owned a few bass heads over the past few years. Not had anything come close to the M6 yet. Often gets compared to class AB royalty in the shape of the Aguilar DB751, and for good reason. 

• Like 1

M6 as I think it’s just great as is. The graphic eq on the 9 would be nice but the 6 is a lot of amp. I have had both mine hooked up today and the 800 pro is such a good tweakable amp. I’ve been dialling it in to suit the jazz bolstering the lo mids bumping a little mids where the natural scoop is, bit of tone hammer to give some grit/edge. I couldn’t justify an m6 even at the bargain price especially when the 800 pro was about 2/3 cheaper. I put the feelers out to sell it locally but it’s going nowhere except to my gig on nye 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

I've heard and owned a few bass heads over the past few years. Not had anything come close to the M6 yet. Often gets compared to class AB royalty in the shape of the Aguilar DB751, and for good reason. 

I have the 751 , but always wanted a M9 too - I think it's got the same 'slam', but not so tubey sounding (as per Talkbass stuff) .

M9 is roughly a third of the price , and now only the one left - I think there were 3 or 4 the other day .

These prices have definitely made a lot of people think .

I'm still hovering over the 412 - do I need it? Then I thought that if I sold the 751 , I could justify an M9 , plus the 412 .

These are real 3rd world problems , but that page is so bl**dy tempting

• Haha 1

On 23/12/2019 at 18:49, binky_bass said:

That Strategy 88 is UNBELIEVABLY tempting... 

If I can find a way to finance it, I'm buying it tomorrow. 

@krispn, I hate you... I really do. Why would you do this?? WHY!!!!!! 

So...

Much

Gas...

😫

I had a Prodigy for a while.

Loved it - but the fan noise was really really annoying.

In hindsight perhaps I should have got a tech to install a quieter fan and just kept it!

1 hour ago, E sharp said:

They're all gone now I think - apart from the more pricey ones , with the tolex case .

What's it sound like?

Expensive. 

Plug in, adjust the gain to taste, pick a voice and that's it. You don't really need to anything else. 

It reminds me of the Ashdown CTM 100 I used to own, the sound is top quality.  

6 minutes ago, 2elliot said:

I told the wife I saved 'us'  nearly £1.5k by buying it... Well, it works for her when it comes to shoes and handbags. 

Don't tempt me to do the same! However having just taken delivery of my ACG, I think I'll quickly end up divorced if I bought this... almost makes it more tempting to buy! 🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Get it!! Honestly they are awesome... 

I know but I really must resist. Got to sort a Status out first and if a used one doesn’t turn up soon, I’ll be needing to save all my pennies for ordering a nice shiny new one!

6 minutes ago, Deedee said:

I know but I really must resist. Got to sort a Status out first and if a used one doesn’t turn up soon, I’ll be needing to save all my pennies for ordering a nice shiny new one!

Very true.... but that’s a 7 month wait! Amp at bargain price then order the Status. 😉

You are welcome to come try the status/MESA/Berg combo but I’m not selling the berg back to you. 😂 

Edited by bassfan

2 minutes ago, 2elliot said:

Definitely as good as or better than a trace head. 

Depends on what Trace Head it is. I wouldn’t my trade my Trace V6 for a Mesa M6. However, I did sell a Trace SMX 300 to buy a Mesa M6, which I then sold to buy a Mesa Big Block 750