Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 1997 Fender CIJ 57 Reissue Precision P Bass Sunburst
£750
St Agnes, Cornwall

simonroberts788

This bass is sweet - top Japanese quality from the famous Fujigen factory. Lightweight at under 4 kg on the bathroom scales. This bass has had a genuine Fender USA anodized aluminium pickguard, thumb rest and bridge cover fitted for the vintage look and USA CTS pots and Sprague orange drop .047 uf capacitor wired with cloth wire. The original pickup sounds perfect so I never thought to upgrade. I've got the original cream pickguard. The bass rings like a bell acoustically with tons of sustain and loads of natural brightness on tap from the maple. Lightweight, two-piece ash body with the join down the centre which I like. Roll the tone pot off and play up by the neck and your into classic Motown thump - the Precision just sits down in the mix perfectly and just sounds right for any genre. Then if you dig in with your fingers or a pick it barks and grinds like a beast. Comes with a Rockcase brown Fender style case which looks the part and gives excellent protection. There are two filled screw holes where the previous owner added strap buttons 🙄 on the bottom edge next to the correct one and another on the back lower bout near the edge (bizarre place for a strap button, eh?). These could easily be touched up with some black and blown over with some clear but I never got round to it. There is some buckle rash on the back top horn and a little above the pickup where your wrist goes. These CIJ/MIJ basses from the 90s are getting really sought after now as they look absolutely spot on for the vintage vibe, they play and sound great and they're way more affordable than an American Vintage Reissue or Custom Shop bass but are just as good in my opinion. I can ship this around the country with UPS next day if you pay the asking price or you can collect from St Agnes or possibly Bath depending on timings. Trades of equal value considered.

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1269.JPG

Edited by simonroberts788

• MB1 locked this topic