Why become a member? ×

dv247

dave moffat

• 3 months later...

Came looking for some information on these lot and found this thread. 

2 weeks since my order and not a peep from them. 

I have chased again today. I will give them the benefit of the doubt at, as I am a nice guy and times are tough, but I am not keen when a customer has to chase. 

Hoping for some good news today. 

35 minutes ago, Nothingman said:

Came looking for some information on these lot and found this thread. 

2 weeks since my order and not a peep from them. 

I have chased again today. I will give them the benefit of the doubt at, as I am a nice guy and times are tough, but I am not keen when a customer has to chase. 

Hoping for some good news today. 

Do you have tracking info? When you say "chased", did you call them? If you sent an email, was it to a 'no reply' email address?

52 minutes ago, therealting said:

Are they definitely open during the lockdown? Lots of retail businesses aren’t. 

They are. Almost sorted but they rang back when I was in the middle of filming. 

Edited by Nothingman
  • Like 1

I ordered something 3 days ago and haven't heard anything, but I'm not too worried and I'm no way near the 2 week mark yet. 

On the other hand, I ordered some strings from GAK today and have had an email saying they've been dispatched and should be with me tomo. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting delayed, but GAK seem to be on it. 

In normal times, I have cancelled two orders from DV247 due to delays in dispatching, both coming from Europe.  I think it was about 2 weeks I waited for an in-stock dispatch before I lost patience.  I think the Romford stock is fine but seems to go downhill if not.

I was posting a parcel today at my local and the lady said there were huge delays especially with second class post, upto 4 weeks. It’s probably the same with couriers, virtually no planes and I expect the ferries are carrying a lot less trucks and food and PEP will take precedence. Patience will be rewarded.

it's fair enough to expect delay in getting stuff delivered, but this is where good companies can get massive bonus points for excellent customer service in managing expectations.

I placed an order with Strings Direct and they immediately e-mailed me to explain that there might be a delay in getting the order out (and then actually dispatched it the same day, although it then took a week to arrive). 

Andertons did something similar, not so much for Covid-19 reasons, but simply because I'd ordered a couple of items that the website showed were not currently in stock, but expected in soon.  They explained that in the current circumstances they can't be as sure on delivery dates as usual. And again, the items were actually dispatched quite quickly.

They aren't the only ones that have risen to the challenge, and used it as an opportunity to demonstrate how well they treat their customers.  It doesn't cost much to send a quick, standard e-mail to explain to customers what's going on

On 01/05/2020 at 15:13, Monkey Steve said:

this is where good companies can get massive bonus points for excellent customer service in managing expectations.

I ordered some parts from an ebay seller based in China start of Feb. Two weeks in they emailed saying to expect a delay,two weeks after that they emailed again saying there were further delays and I should think about cancelling. It was only string trees,bridge screws,nothing pressing so I said I'd hang fire until the due date 🙉

Every week I got the same email. "We appreciate your business but at this point it's unlikely the goods will arrive.If you can source them elsewhere we suggest you cancel your order and buy from there instead". Week passed the due date I took their advice 😃

Into the second week waiting on delivery from a UK seller  🤣

• 4 weeks later...

How long is the standard time for delivery from DV247 ? I placed an order last week and the tracking says that the goods were handed to DPD 28/05 and from 28/05 to now the tracking is just showing as in transit, contacted DPD who said they havent received the parcel yet, had a live chat with DV247 who said the shipment was handed to DPD and the trackign will update once it reaches the uk, cant help the feeling that they didn't really bother looking into it but hopefully im wrong, I remember placing an order with them a few months ago but cant remember how long it took to get to me, I do remember that DPD managed to bodge the delivery though

Edited by shoulderpet

23 hours ago, shoulderpet said:

How long is the standard time for delivery from DV247 ? I placed an order last week and the tracking says that the goods were handed to DPD 28/05 and from 28/05 to now the tracking is just showing as in transit, contacted DPD who said they havent received the parcel yet, had a live chat with DV247 who said the shipment was handed to DPD and the trackign will update once it reaches the uk, cant help the feeling that they didn't really bother looking into it but hopefully im wrong, I remember placing an order with them a few months ago but cant remember how long it took to get to me, I do remember that DPD managed to bodge the delivery though

My order turned up in about a week and I had the same issue with tracking where it didn't show me much info. Hopefully it'll be with you soon!

Just bought a bass from them for my Daughter's  9th birthday.  3 days to arrive from Germany, so excellent service really. Well  all the emails were in German  updating me as it went, so I presume that's where it came from. It arrived very well wrapped, and is a lovely looking instrument for very reasonable money.

Edited by Bassfinger

8 hours ago, Jonesy said:

My order turned up in about a week and I had the same issue with tracking where it didn't show me much info. Hopefully it'll be with you soon!

Thanks, it turned up today , yeah the tracking information was very limited all sorted now though

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ClassicVibes said:

I think everyone needs to stop freaking out about delivery speeds. These are strange times we're currently in. 

Nearly every single item that I have bought over the last 3-4 months be it musical or not, has arrived when I was told it would and in two cases a day earlier!

The only items that have been delayed were those that were not sent out on the day that I ordered them or were not actually in stock at the place I bought them from. I have no complaints about the delivery service only only stores that can't process orders in a timely manner or lie about stock levels.

59 minutes ago, ClassicVibes said:

I think everyone needs to stop freaking out about delivery speeds. These are strange times we're currently in. 

I'm not sure that is the vibe in this thread, or certainly not from my perspective.  DV247 in my experience don't need a pandemic to be awful.

Another thing they do that I'm not sure I've seen anyone say is they, at least on occasion, list products in stock that are not in stock at all.  Happened at least twice to me, always irks me as they are just taking advantage of people who cannot be bothered going through the cancellation procedure and will just wait.  In fact, such are their delivery times I have previously thought that they don't in fact stock much at all and order in as its ordered from them, which explains why sometimes they need to cough when they can't get something from their supplier in short notice.

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1