Why become a member? ×

dv247

dave moffat

Thanks, I'll get on with ordering the new bass and case then and be an utter PITA round the house until they arrive.

Ibanez SR400-DEB and Fame Hard case to keep it in. Then off to a local luthier to de-fret.

Nearest decent bass place for me is miles away in Glasgow or Edinburgh, doesn't stop me dropping into the local music shop for a play.

• Like 2

Bought my current favourite guitar (lovely little £113 Tele Thinline copy) from them, very happy with the service, instrument arrived promptly & in perfect condition, with a setup I've not needed to touch. Would definitely buy from them again.

Think they're in direct competiton with Thomann, so the standard of service is on the same level.

On 21/12/2019 at 19:01, DoubleOhStephan said:

They have a store just down the road from where I used to live. Big showroom, decent stock, think you'll be fine. 

What ya buying?? 😁

On 21/12/2019 at 19:02, Reggaebass said:

I’ve been in their shop in Romford many times to try basses they are quite a reputable company, but I’ve never bought anything online , I would have thought you will be fine 🙂

On 21/12/2019 at 19:03, DoubleOhStephan said:

Aye, that's the one down the road from my old house! 

I’m pretty certain they’re now based in Germany. They’re still very good though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

The shop in Romford is still there, I tried this out 2 weeks ago  🙂

C82F50A3-301B-47E3-80AC-87395149BF29.jpeg

There was a really lovely store by me, it was great for studio stuff, I once spent about five hours there one day A/B’ing studio monitors. It’s closed now. Romford must be their one and only store. I know everything I’ve bought online has come from Germany.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ambient said:

There was a really lovely store by me, it was great for studio stuff, I once spent about five hours there one day A/B’ing studio monitors. It’s closed now. Romford must be their one and only store. I know everything I’ve bought online has come from Germany.

That’s a shame the store is closed  , because there’s not many places left now where you can actually try things out, the Romford store is more equipped for studio equipment but they have a good selection of basses and a nice practice room 🙂

I've bought quite a lot of gear from them over the years. Good prices and no quibble customer services. One problem on my last order was that my EHX bass mono synth was supplied with a european pin power supply as I assume it came from German central warehouse. I had to make several calls in order to receive a physically larger no name UK power supply. Not ideal.

38 minutes ago, dave moffat said:

Pretty sure my bass is coming from the continents so will be very surprised if it's here before the New Year. will update with my experiences when it gets here.

What have you gone for? Ive spotted an ex_demo G&L LB100 for £383 to go along with my L2000 in blueburst. Love G&Ls -  MUST RESIST!!!

• Like 1