Why become a member? ×

A public thanks to Mike Walsh of 'Zoot' bass

GreeneKing

I would like to thank Mike publicly for going beyond what would normally be expected to resolve an issue that was none of his making. Mike made me a tortoiseshell scratch plate for my Lakland Skyline P/J. The plate was superb but while gently easing a couple of radii with a file I noticed that the tort was delaminating slightly. Mike checked the offcuts and he wasn't happy with the material. He went into battle with the supplier and has since discovered that the material has been a problem for several other luthiers and users of tort. Mike sourced an alternative and got it made and out to me before Xmas free of charge. It also happens to look completely stunning, even better than the first in a retro 50's way. Thank you Mike.

20191221_132932.jpg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, GreeneKing said:

I would like to thank Mike publicly for going beyond what would normally be expected to resolve an issue that was none of his making. Mike made me a tortoiseshell scratch plate for my Lakland Skyline P/J. The plate was superb but while gently easing a couple of radii with a file I noticed that the tort was delaminating slightly. Mike checked the offcuts and he wasn't happy with the material. He went into battle with the supplier and has since discovered that the material has been a problem for several other luthiers and users of tort. Mike sourced an alternative and got it made and out to me before Xmas free of charge. It also happens to look completely stunning, even better than the first in a retro 50's way. Thank you Mike.

20191221_132932.jpg

Many thanks Peter, I appreciate the kind words.  The new plate looks absolutely fantastic on the Skyline (very retro).  I'm pleased we got it sorted.  Again, many thanks. Regards Mike.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've been thinking for a while that I need a new guard for my CIJ Precision that would allow me to use the LED so I can see when the Pre-Retro needs a charge, and this motivated me to contact Mike. This was delivered a little while ago and doesn't look half bad! Thanks to @Cosmicrain for an outstanding job and @GreeneKing for the inspiration.

IMG_20200131_142146603.thumb.jpg.0b0184b1ec6d9390d2401892380cbb3c.jpg

• Like 2