Why become a member? ×

My custom Warwick is ready...

tvickey

That's quite lovely. Whilst I like the brushed metal pickup covers, I don't think they'd like me! Corrosion ahoy!

Re; The spec sheet..

"Rechargeable lithium battery"

Is that in place of the usual 9v or is it something different? I presume it's removable for charging? And does it power both the side LEDs and the EQ? So many questions!

• Sad 1

On 21/12/2019 at 08:28, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Re; The spec sheet..

Is that in place of the usual 9v or is it something different? I presume it's removable for charging? And does it power both the side LEDs and the EQ? So many questions!

I have a custom shop Warwick, and as standard they come with a rechargeable battery for the active EQ, which you connect to a USB lead through a gap in the control plate.  You can also have a connection to a standard battery - annoyingly mine necessitated a separate control plate, when I'd rather not have had the rechargeable one (didn't read the small print when I placed the order to see that it is now standard).  You also need to play about with the wiring so that you're connecting to the right battery, but the wiring in Warwicks is all pretty simple, and quite "modular"

Not sure if the side markers are LEDs from the order - that's a very expensive add on, and it's not clear from "illuminated" although I think that's the word they use for non-LEDs.  Again, assuming it mirrors mine, the standard side dots are actually glow in the dark fluorescent, and need to be "charged" by sunlight, although I  hear tales of torches being used to do this.  In my experience they don't then last very long, by YMMV

On 20/12/2019 at 20:17, FDC484950 said:

What spec is the LX5. Well done on the lottery win, by the way 😁

The LX5 is not nearly as nice... regular GPS Streamer LX5 but simply with all black hardware on white cream.  It has a Wenge fretboard on an Ovangkol neck.  Today I heard that it's ready too!  Teaser photo attached...

IMG_5856.JPG

• Like 1

On 21/12/2019 at 09:28, Lfalex v1.1 said:

That's quite lovely. Whilst I like the brushed metal pickup covers, I don't think they'd like me! Corrosion ahoy!

Re; The spec sheet..

It comes with a mini-USB cable for re-charging!

2 hours ago, Monkey Steve said:

I have a custom shop Warwick, and as standard they come with a rechargeable battery for the active EQ, which you connect to a USB lead through a gap in the control plate.  You can also have a connection to a standard battery - annoyingly mine necessitated a separate control plate, when I'd rather not have had the rechargeable one (didn't read the small print when I placed the order to see that it is now standard).  You also need to play about with the wiring so that you're connecting to the right battery, but the wiring in Warwicks is all pretty simple, and quite "modular"

Not sure if the side markers are LEDs from the order - that's a very expensive add on, and it's not clear from "illuminated" although I think that's the word they use for non-LEDs.  Again, assuming it mirrors mine, the standard side dots are actually glow in the dark fluorescent, and need to be "charged" by sunlight, although I  hear tales of torches being used to do this.  In my experience they don't then last very long, by YMMV

These are not LEDs...  indeed that was quite an expensive option!

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice! I'm wagering that's some serious cash for 2 custom builts. I'm lucky enough to have a 2002 Ltd jazzman (the swirly bubinga one) and I do love warwick 4-strings for the tone - with D'addarios on it it absolutely pokes at gigs. I did use Warwick black strings for years until moving to D'addario XLs (nickel) - the difference is huge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, basexperience said:

Very nice! I'm wagering that's some serious cash for 2 custom builts. I'm lucky enough to have a 2002 Ltd jazzman (the swirly bubinga one) and I do love warwick 4-strings for the tone - with D'addarios on it it absolutely pokes at gigs. I did use Warwick black strings for years until moving to D'addario XLs (nickel) - the difference is huge.

The white LX5 Streamer was 'Team Built' and so cost just as much as a standard Warwick LX5 (not Rockbass) you'd find in your local music store, I just got to specify colors, etc.  The black satin LX4 Streamer was 'Master Built' and so is higher-end than the LX5... but not insanely expensive.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2020 at 13:35, tvickey said:

Another teaser photo of the LX5 streamer... I've been out of the UK for awhile, so actually haven't received either of these yet!

unnamed (2).jpg

Okay, so there were some reception issues when I received this LX5.  There is a new thread dedicated to that here:

24 minutes ago, Badgerbass said:

That looks sweet!  Love the flat black body although I fear I'd spend my life cleaning finger prints off it if it were mine!  Great looking stealth bass though and I agree re the pups... nice contrast in metal finish.  Enjoy!

The black stealth bass arrived.  I opened the case, immediately took this photo, and thought to myself, "It's almost too pretty to play.  What if it gets hurt?  Could I gig this?  Yeah... definitely."  It is also a superb sounding instrument.  

84128099_494468497923548_1850517003425546240_n.jpg

• Like 3