Why become a member? ×

Help Under Attack

stewblack

Help is at Hand !!!

Go ahead and buy it / them ......    Then sell it on to me for a 90% discount. That way both sides of your brain will be back in equilibrium. You bought it but you didn't. I'll be happy, you'll be happy and the repetitive posting will cease. Light up a cigar and relax ......... your finances will be so much healthier.  See; it feels better already, doesn't it!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I would say, find the last thing you absolutely had to have. In my case, that is a fairly expensive effects pedal which now lives in a drawer in my office. Prior to purchase, it was something I absolutely couldn't do without and now it shares the drawer with umpteen other examples of the same madness.

• Like 1

Can I be the voice of sanity here please?

Do you really need it?

Will not having it spoil Christmas?

Will not having it eat away at your very soul, knowing it could, no, should have been yours and now it is residing in the arms of someone who clearly doesn't deserve it?

Do you have just enough space for it (even if it means a child must sleep in the garage going forward)?

Then I think you have answered your own question!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I went through what you are going through last week for about 6 days. Didn’t make the blindest bit of difference - pulled the trigger with one day left. Being delivered tonight. Just get on with it 😂 (providing it will not adversely effect you and yours).

I have been convinced that if I leave it a day it will go away. But your post tells me something different. 

No adverse effects. No one to experience any. Kids grown up and earn more than me, missus handed me the pink slip a couple of years back. 

If I fund it from sales who could possibly blame me? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

I have never regretted buying a bass.

That said, I have never regretted NOT buying a bass.

Buying a bass and not buying a bass are equally satisfying.

Schrödinger's bass: when it's in the basket but you haven't checked out yet.

There is absolutely no way Basschat is ever going to have its own twelve-step programme. Even its harm-minimalisation efforts leave a lot to be desired.

This place is utterly top. Merry Christmas, Stewblack.

• Like 5

I once hesitated to buy a bass I really wanted. I had always wanted it. It was only a matter of 2 weeks before they discontinued it and it was sold out in UK and Europe. Luckily, shortly after it popped up on Basschat, what a relief that was. I'm not suggesting you should buy it, just consider pros and cons of buying or not buying it.👍

• Like 1

Here's another idea -

Ask the seller to tell you a really hard luck story - like how he's going to be evicted from his house unless he pays the overdue rent, and that would mean his family will be out on the streets for Christmas, and you buying his bass is his last hope to raise some money.

You get the bass, and you keep a clear conscience.  Job done  9_9

• Haha 3

Any good deals - buy it.

You can use it for a year at least and then sell it for what you bought it for if needed.

Thats the beauty of good gear - it pretty much guarantees getting a high percentage of your initial outlay back.

Or look at it another way - its the cheapest way to rent good gear! If you buy something for £1000, use it for a year and sell it for £900 its cost you £2 a week to use it!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, la bam said:

Any good deals - buy it.

You can use it for a year at least and then sell it for what you bought it for if needed.

Thats the beauty of good gear - it pretty much guarantees getting a high percentage of your initial outlay back.

Or look at it another way - its the cheapest way to rent good gear! If you buy something for £1000, use it for a year and sell it for £900 its cost you £2 a week to use it!

I fooled myself with that notion for years

• Like 2