Why become a member? ×

Aria SB600 Project this is now SOLD
£100
Lancaster

ash

Here’s a later set neck Aria Pro SB600 from the late 70s early 80s. I bought it as a bit of a project and was thinking of stripping it back to the wood and restoring it. The bass has been refinished in candy apple red before I bought it and this looks like a pro job. The rather ostentatious Aria logo isn’t original and has been stencilled on I think. Lack of time and spare cash however means I need to move it on.
The bass plays well although it has a couple of odd saddles and one of the grub screws has seized. The original brass nut is present, frets are good and the neck is very nice indeed. There are a couple of missing screws on the trussrod cover and the knobs are replacements. The pickup isn’t working properly and I tried rewiring  it and though I replaced the switch it still didn’t work properly - it sounds like a coil has gone. (I have included the original switch). Having read up on them it seems that they are notoriously  difficult pickups to repair or rewind as they are potted in some kind of resin. Replacement pickups are available from Armstrong pickups and other custom manufacturers. 
It is a nice old Japanese made instrument and a bit of a classic design. Perfect for modding or restoration. No trades cash on collection preferred and I can post for £20 UK only. 

7FEB0AAD-1526-477F-B6C7-A810DC48D4D4.jpeg

Edited by ash
Now sold thanks Jim
  • Like 5