Why become a member? ×

Strap Locks, Thoughts?

Frank Blank

I've used a couple of types, mostly just the Schaller ones, for years. But then I realised that the humble rubber washer was doing the job better for me, actually. The Schaller ones sometimes they'd work out loose. Not a big deal if you check regularly, but between that and the rattle etc... I was not a huge fan. The rubber washers are quick to fit and work very very very well. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Ive just tired looking to get a pair of the old style Schaller black buttons, but cant find any (genuine ones at least). Im happy to buy the new version if i have to (i did have a set a couple of years ago).

Does anyone know if the new buttons will work with the old style of strap lock? All my basses have the old style on them so dont want to change the strap end if i can avoid it. I know the old buttons work with the new strap part but cant figure out if it works the other way round.

Edited by dave_bass5

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

Ive just tired looking to get a pair of the old style Schaller black buttons, but cant find any (genuine ones at least). Im happy to buy the new version if i have to (i did have a set a couple of years ago).

Does anyone know if the new buttons will work with the old style of strap lock? All my basses have the old style on them so dont want to change the strap end if i can avoid it. I know the old buttons work with the new strap part but cant figure out if it works the other way round.

Yes they work. My 11 year old ACG had Schallers installed and they work perfectly well with the latest version.

• Thanks 1

On 19/12/2019 at 09:23, pete.young said:

The fix for this is not to bother attaching the straplock to the strap. Just put the strap on the pin as normal, and then fit the straplock over the top.

this would never had occurred to me. Genius!