Why become a member? ×

SOLD - EB Musicman Stingray 4H 3EQ with G&G case - Natural/Maple - £900 or p/ex for Status 4
£900
South Yorkshire

Deedee

Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 3EQ

I’m set on getting myself a Status (again) so I need to make room.

I took this bass in a trade a couple of months back and although it is a stunning example of the breed, my Special can look after any future Stingray needs so last in first out.

Original ad here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/359492-mm-stingray-ashflamed-maple-traded/?tab=comments#comment-3858282

It really is in beautiful condition and as someone who has had around a dozen or so Stingrays, this has one of the best necks/maple boards of any of them. As @desmondpot described it to me, it has that ‘spongy’ feel to it. Not at all harsh but lovely and smooth. Unlike many of the later unfinished necks this one has a beautiful satin sheen to it and some stunning markings in the maple both front and back.

• Manufactured Oct 1999
  • Natural gloss
  • Maple neck
  • Maple fretboard
  • Matt black pickguard
  • 3 EQ preamp
  • Chrome hardware
  • 43mm nut
  • Weight approx. 9.5lbs
  • Original G&G hard case (no keys)

Collection preferred but would be willing to ship at buyers expense and to their insurance requirements.

The only trade I may be interested in would be a Status 4 string plus cash your way (I have a wanted ad up at the moment so it would need to meet that spec: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/388760-status-4-headed-s2s3cw-please-read-required-spec/).

New photographs to follow tomorrow (if the sun decides to come out). In the meantime here are the pics from the original ad.

New pics added

EDIT - The photos seem a little unflattering with the string shadows on the fretboard, but please be assured it does have a lovely low action! 😂

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg