Why become a member? ×

56 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

As for looks, Ive done it, nobody cares, especially if you can get the drummer to do the same.

Especially if you can get them to gaffa them their heads like Mooney.

image.thumb.jpeg.3c87f05b20bd677f07d78a99d873ac2b.jpeg

Seriously though, none other than the ‘Tone Ranger’, Eric Johnson has been known to wear them on stage where he’s one of the main draws, alongside Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, burno70 said:

Turns out my ear impressions passed QC! Didn't think they would but there must have been enough on them to make viable moulds. Made up! 3-4 week wait though. Counting down the minutes already :)

Good stuff. What you gone for?

Think I'm gonna go for it. 

I can sell my Shure 535s and that will pay off a little of the UE6s.

Just seen there's an offer on:

UE11: £1180 (RRP), Our Normal Price > £955, Offer Price > £890
UE18+: £1450 (RRP), Our Normal Price > £1280, Offer Price > £1080

Thoughts? 

Edited by dand666

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, has anyone had experience with the Allen & Heath ME-1 personal mixer. Views, particularly is the headphone amp any good.

The band is upgrading to SQ mixer & considering the ME-1, we are using a DACS headlite 3+  headphone amp at present & controlling IEM mix with iPad...thx

-

On 19/06/2022 at 10:24, BCH said:

Hi, has anyone had experience with the Allen & Heath ME-1 personal mixer. Views, particularly is the headphone amp any good.

The band is upgrading to SQ mixer & considering the ME-1, we are using a DACS headlite 3+  headphone amp at present & controlling IEM mix with iPad...thx

We use the ME-1s in Church. I’ve never used any others so don’t have anything to compare against. I’m using ZS10 IEMs (also the only ones I’ve ever used). I can hear myself and others well. You can pan each band member to give better sound separation. I find the panning helpful as it gives more clarity, which I suspect allows me to run at lower overall volume.

So a thumbs-up from me.

On 19/06/2022 at 10:24, BCH said:

I’ve been using the ME-1 for around 5 years now and can’t praise it highly enough. Amazing bit of kit that makes live gigs so much better. I have to admit that I hate doing gigs now where I can’t use it and IEM’s!

• Like 1

To protect whatever hearing I have left and to hear everyone including me, I really do need to get into IEM's! -
Tried the  ZS10 IEMs but found that they were too bright.   (taking a direct lead out from the mixer Aux out - 2 different mixers, and also directly plugged into phone.) 

There was also a buzz on bass notes in the right earpiece so I returned them.  

My Headphones are orders of magnitude better (but not practical) and my Meters Ear buds are also "better" in terms of tonality (if a bit "mushy" and not so good in term of staying in your lugholes!) 

So,  as an introduction to IEM's, is there an alternative that folks can recommend, not wanting to spend more than £100ish as a starting point? 

If it all works out and the band can cope with me using IEM's  then I can invest more in future.           

17 hours ago, Simon C said:

-

We use the ME-1s in Church. I’ve never used any others so don’t have anything to compare against. I’m using ZS10 IEMs (also the only ones I’ve ever used). I can hear myself and others well. You can pan each band member to give better sound separation. I find the panning helpful as it gives more clarity, which I suspect allows me to run at lower overall volume.

So a thumbs-up from me.

5 hours ago, Gunsfreddy2003 said:

I’ve been using the ME-1 for around 5 years now and can’t praise it highly enough. Amazing bit of kit that makes live gigs so much better. I have to admit that I hate doing gigs now where I can’t use it and IEM’s!

Do you use your in-ears plugged directly into the ME-1, or do you out the output through a wireless transmitter? I'm really interested in trying one out, but although I'm not much of a mover on stage, I do in occassion have a bit of a wander (mainly if I'm getting bored 🤣)

3 hours ago, jimmyb625 said:

Do you use your in-ears plugged directly into the ME-1, or do you out the output through a wireless transmitter? I'm really interested in trying one out, but although I'm not much of a mover on stage, I do in occassion have a bit of a wander (mainly if I'm getting bored 🤣)

I plug into the unit with a chord. It's a long (ish) one - about 3m. With about 0.75m on the IEM supplied chord it's  long enough that I'm not nailed to the spot, but not long enough to wander too far. I'd probably get a nose bleed if I went too far though. 😁.  So no I haven't used wireless. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jimmyb625 said:

Yes, plug straight into the ME-1 but do have an extension cord as the standard one on my IEM's is not very long at all. In terms of movement I am fairly limited anyway as I use the Porter & Davies tactile monitoring board and have to be stood on it. I have found that use of IEM's without the board is not so enjoyable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guys and girls,

I've been happily using KZ AS12's for the past few years, I really like them. However, they are now falling apart, I noticed there are AS15's that still have 2xbass apertures like the 12's, anyone have experience with a comparison or experience of the 15's?

They are 50 quid dearer, are they worth the extra?

Thanks

Andrew

"I'm a guitarist, I've NEVER liked in ear monitors as it stops me from turing my amp up excessively loud after the sound check because my knees can't hear my £3,500 boutique amp well enough"

I've been pushing my guitarist to use IEMs but he has resisted until now. Only last week he came to me with this idea so I'm going to push it for all it's worth. I can't believe Pete Thorn hasn't been in a position to get the absolute best IEM sound available....

59 minutes ago, Muppet said:

"I'm a guitarist, I've NEVER liked in ear monitors as it stops me from turing my amp up excessively loud after the sound check because my knees can't hear my £3,500 boutique amp well enough"

And when I used IEMs, I got tinitus, but I got better when I stoped using them and went back to sticking my head in the drum kit

• Haha 1

A festival stage manager has asked me what frequency I'd like for my unit. Its a channel 38 Sennheiser G4. He's asking because he's got a number of mics on that channel. I've gone back to him asking him to tell me what to use, does that make the most sense? 

1 hour ago, Muppet said:

A festival stage manager has asked me what frequency I'd like for my unit. Its a channel 38 Sennheiser G4. He's asking because he's got a number of mics on that channel. I've gone back to him asking him to tell me what to use, does that make the most sense? 

Yes, just tell him what band your unit operates on and ask for an allocation. I doubt they’d ask for your licence but if you have a copy to present that’d be handy just in case.

Edited by Bankai