Added in the recommendation for KZ AS12 (6 balanced armature per side design with improved low end) and the AS16 (8 balanced armature per side design) to test out. Certainly a new level in gateway drug to some customs. @Phil Starr - you may find the latter interesting, they have a less prominent smiley face signature to them.

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

Added in the recommendation for KZ AS12 (6 balanced armature per side design with improved low end) and the AS16 (8 balanced armature per side design) to test out. Certainly a new level in gateway drug to some customs. @Phil Starr - you may find the latter interesting, they have a less prominent smiley face signature to them.

Thanks, I'll investigate

+1 for the AS12's, which I purchased because of this thread recommendation.

I also have UE6 and some custom molded.

The AS12 are now my favourite, sound great, seal well (for me) and appear a well built quality product. The Only two qualms I have are they feel a bit bulky compared to the others and the cable could be longer But is replacable). Neither of these would prevent me from recommending them, they  are well worth a try for under 100 quid.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JohnPaulJones
      I have two pairs of these excellent monitors for sale. 475 per pair. 
      I have the matching washing machine sized 12" sHo sub woofer available for 900. 
      Pickup or meet up strongly suggested. Big heavy items! 

• By JCBass
      Me and my band are straying into the realm of using IEMs to eliminate the need for onstage cabs and sound. I today just bought a pair of Sennheiser SE535s and the SubZero SZ-IM2 transmitter & receiver and, I don’t know, I’m disappointed. Admittedly I’ve never tried IEMs before so I didn’t know what to expect, but for hundreds of pounds worth of gear, I expected better sound quality. I get better clarity from my Apple earphones frankly, please someone tell me I’m doing something wrong? 
    • By Mottlefeeder
      Four jack sockets, three switches, three opamps, two pots and one 9V battery in a box not much bigger than a tv remote.

It's a: Hi-Z buffer with switched gain + 18dB/octave fixed frequency HPF + headphone driver + passive headphone monitor mixer with volume limiter, and I don't think all that would fit in the title box.
      The circuit evolved as I built it, so I have not got an accurate copy yet. If there's any interest, I can sort one out.
      David
    • By cetera
      Having recently been interested in entering the murky world of in-ear monitoring I consulted IEM guru @EBS_freak of this parish and, on his recommendation, purchased this fantastic IEM system. Budget price, but excellent performance in a great package.
      I've only used it approx 5 times (!) and I'm only selling it on as I've been fully converted to the IEM cause and since been offered an expensive high-end Sennheiser G4 system at a bargain price.
      All present and complete in its carry case with:
      Transmitter & Aerial
      Receiver
      Earphones
      Rackmount kit
      Power supply
      Instruction manual
      This operates on the license-free UK channel and was £225 new but I'm asking just £150 posted (UK)! Get yourself a set of the fabulous 'KZ' 5-driver earphones for under £40 and you're laughing! A great way to enter the world of IEMs for under £200, rather than laying out £1k+
      Payment by Paypal (you pay fees), direct bank transfer or cash on collection from Woking/Guildford area.
      Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction.

Lots of positive chat abut this system on this very site too:
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/search/?q=mei1000

*NOW ON HOLD*
    • By AJ567
      Very handy pedalboard-friendly headphone amp. Ideal for practice and wired IEM purposes (especially because it has a limiter function like high-end IEM transmitters, so any mic drops/sound man snafus don't blow your eardrums).
      Footprint is just 100mm x 92mm 
      More info here.
      EDIT: WILL INCLUDE POWER SUPPLY FOR £5 EXTRA. These do not come with a power supply as stock, but I have one which works perfectly which I can include if you like - see last pic. NB this unit needs 15V centre-positive.