Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT 7 PRO & Fender Rumble 210 V3

NickF

Hello guys, 

I am an owner of an Ampeg SVT 7 PRO. I found myself wanting a lightweight cab for easy transportation [I currently have an Ampeg 410 HLF which is huge]. 

I'm thinking of getting a Fender Rumble 210 v3, since it's lightweight and can produce 700w program at 8 ohms [the SVT 7 Pro can product 600w at 8 ohms]. 

Has any of you had an experience with pairing these? If yes, please let me know if there are any drawbacks. Please note that I play in a 3-piece heavy rock band, and we are using a lot of effects, as well as distortion, overdrive and fuzz. 

Anyone has a better idea of a lightweight [relatively low priced 2x10 or 4x10 cab] please share. 

Thanks. 

In a heavy rock band I think I’d be looking at a lightweight 410 rather than 210, more for comparable depth of sound to your regular cab than volume - you might find the jump to 210 to be a bit lacking. I had an Ashdown RM410 for a while and it was a great cab, and being both slim in depth and only 50 or so lbs very easy to move about. Pretty good price too, and they do come up on eBay used every now & then. I think the Rumble 410 is similar in weight and it also sounds great, not used one myself but Alvin Gibbs of The UK Subs uses one and he gets a great sound.

Thanks Lozz, I'll consider it. However, the 210 was supposed to be for smaller gigs. Living in Cyprus we have the limitation that you cannot walk in a store and find a ton of options available to try... I would have compared them by now.

Thank you.

I have the Rumble 2x10 cab and the  800 combo (which uses the same speakers and cab) and whilst the speakers are fine, they're perhaps not up to the power output of the amp. It's definitely a better amp than cab in the combo if you see what I mean. 

They sound good, and they're plenty loud, but you'd certainly be able to blow the drivers across the room using that Ampeg amp if you weren't careful.

I would expect this Rumble to be half the volume of your 410. If that's going to work then OK. You still have the option of getting a second cab.

I'd go the whole hog and order a Barefaced 410. This cab will work for the big gigs as well as the smaller gigs. Small, light, loud and great tone. More expensive than the Rumble but several leagues above.

The hartke hydrive HD 210 is a nice option. And being sealed will give you the similar tone that ampeg gives. Unless you have the ported version, I'm not too hot on ampeg cab models. 

You can also go super cheap and lightweight and get the ampeg 210av, or 2, ive gigged that stack with a markbas head. Just have to be aware of the speaker possibly farting out with all that power. 

Another nice option is the MarkBass traveller 210 at 4 ohms which I found to be very very loud! And at 12.7kgs is silly light.

The fender 210 is a good can but there are lighter and smaller options out there.