Why become a member? ×

Stadium Arcadium bitesize

miles'tone

Nope, couldn't even get a full album out of it. It was so bad I didn't even bother listening to the albums with Josh for several months (having previously been an avid fan since Mother's Milk) and, when I did get round to listening, was quite glad I didn't bother.

In all honesty I think of RHCP as two different bands - everything up to One Hot Minute is one band, everything from Californication onwards is another. That said, their bank balances certainly didn't suffer from their post-Navarro change of direction.

Whatever they do with John now, it can't be any worse than their last two records.

Screenshot_20191218-191637__01.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I actually like the Getaway. It's the first RHCP album since Californication that I listen frequently. I haven't listened to stadium in a few years as It's where I lost my fanboy-ness for a while... 

In a way I was looking forward to a new album with Josh, but of course legend-wise it's cool to have John back..... 

As for one hot minute; it wasn't received well back than as people expected more like bssm. Though it's sort of a standalone RHCP album, I enjoy its weird dark vibe and think it's great in its own right. 

This is where being a consumer of music streaming services pays off somewhat.

I really like the Chili's, but if I'm completely honest I can't think of a single album, including BSSM, where I like more than 2/3rds of the songs.

Therefore I have a Chili's play list in Apple Music that just has the songs I like from each album including the post frusciante era, though I confess the Getaway only contributes 2 or 3 songs.

I don't know why One Hot Minute gets such a bad rep, there's some really cool tunes on there and I like a lot of Navaro's playing and layering of guitars.  A very different sound to John.

4 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

I don't know why One Hot Minute gets such a bad rep, there's some really cool tunes on there and I like a lot of Navaro's playing and layering of guitars.  A very different sound to John.

I think it mainly gets a bad rap due to how the band feel about it, and that they basically haven’t played any of it live since Dave left the band. I think it is a good album, just a different feel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crawford13 said:

I think it mainly gets a bad rap due to how the band feel about it, and that they basically haven’t played any of it live since Dave left the band. I think it is a good album, just a different feel.

One Hot Minute is a great album

• Like 1

After reading this thread I decided to listen to I'm With You and The Getaway as I simply haven't been interested in those albums. 

Not many songs grabbed me on the Getaway. 

I'm With You has a few better ones - particularly enjoy Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie and Goodbye Hooray. 

Edited by BassApprentice

1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

After reading this thread I decided to listen to I'm With You and The Getaway as I simply haven't been interested in those albums. 

Not many songs grabbed me on the Getaway. 

I'm With You has a few better ones - particularly enjoy Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie and Goodbye Hooray. 

The Getaway and I’m With you were pretty decent. I’m a fanboy though...