Why become a member? ×

les mckeown bay city rollers

police squad

56 minutes ago, steantval said:

she thought they would be playing stuff like their chart records, they were in fact playing playing really heavy rock songs 😀

I did a gig with Cliff Bennet headlining (kings hall, herne bay in the 70's) - he turned up with something called 'Toe Fat' (bad start) & they were doing shite like 10+ minute versions of 'Come Away Melinda' I pulled them off early from both sets before the audience turned ugly (which for Herne Bay wouldn't have been novel).........Cliff complained to the Management, only to be told that it was my decision to make - not a happy bunny......

😎

2 hours ago, taunton-hobbit said:

I did a gig with Cliff Bennet headlining (kings hall, herne bay in the 70's) - he turned up with something called 'Toe Fat' (bad start) & they were doing shite like 10+ minute versions of 'Come Away Melinda' I pulled them off early from both sets before the audience turned ugly (which for Herne Bay wouldn't have been novel).........Cliff complained to the Management, only to be told that it was my decision to make - not a happy bunny......

😎

As in Ken Hensley, Lee Kerslake and John Glascock...

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

27 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Yeah, Darren, lovely player and a lovely guy!

We sometimes cross paths playing with The Geoff Everett Band- there are only a handful of dates in for next year, and I don't usually know who's on drums till I arrive! Actually, I play your old Thunderbird with Geoff, really makes the right noises!

That's fab. Geoff is a great player too. Where is Darren based?

Apparently when the original band were on TOTP they slagged off the TOTP orchestra, saying they were crap basically. The drummer of the orchestra was top session guy Clem Cattini who replied "who the feck do you think played on all your records!"

Never liked the Mr and Mrs Silly Billy.

Although I have played Shang a lang a few times....

Flippin heck, you can`t even say tw%ts on here :D

Edited by jezzaboy

Ach ye cannae beat a wee bit of the Rollers.

We do a couple of their songs in our 70's Glam covers band and they always go down well with the ladies.

Have to admit i bought a couple of their singles in early 70's when i was 12ish

Ahh the good old days.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

I think he's north London, or just north of north London. I'm sure he was more specific, but the conversation about it was more about the similarity in distance, and difference in travel time- we were in Kent and he had all motorway, while I had half a million roundabouts from mine!

you'll have to let me know if you're playing with Geoff, I'll try and come along. Anywhere near Deal/Dover. Priory Hotel Dover is good, because it's a 10 minute ride on the train from me