Why become a member? ×

Stereolab bass tab

Ant1972

Don't know about tab availability but if you take a listen to the recent remaster of Transient Random Noise Bursts with Announcements, it includes the original demo of French Disko and the bassline is very clearly audible - although it may just be played on the bottom string of the guitar. It's on youtube anyway.

• Thanks 1

I’ve never heard the song until just now. I haven’t a bass or guitar to hand, I’m sat bored on a train. It sounds to me from YouTube at least, like the chords are a C a Bb and an Ab.

The bass is playing 8th notes following the roots notes of the chords.

Edited by ambient
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the responses so far... Knew I could count on BC'ers 😁 I'm a noob, so not great at working stuff out by ear.

In case it helps any of you to decipher, here's a rather fab vid of them performing it live on The Word (remember that!)

5 hours ago, Ant1972 said:

Thank you for the responses so far... Knew I could count on BC'ers 😁 I'm a noob, so not great at working stuff out by ear.

In case it helps any of you to decipher, here's a rather fab vid of them performing it live on The Word (remember that!)

I remember watching this when it was first aired! First time I'd heard of them and so began a lifelong love affair. 

• Like 1

On 18/12/2019 at 14:51, YouMa said:

Great band but lead singer looked like a ww2 eastern European refugee. They had some good synth stuff. Ping Pong was a great track.

Whaaaaat? See vid above (Stereolab on The Word)... To my eyes she is sexy gallic coolness personified. 

Guess beauty is in the eye off the beholder eh!

Agree with ya about Ping Pong though... That was the track that got me into them.

• Like 1