Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith BT6 - SOLD
£2800
Duesseldorf/Germany

mrbassman_de

Selling one of my Ken Smith BT6 - with black headstock and the legendary 3-knob preamp. This one has been well played and therefore shows a lot of wear. Although it performs quite well and plays like butter like all Smiths from that era. Bridge and neck pickup have been renewed. The gold plating of the original tuning machines is faded - so I installed Gotoh Res-O-Lites, which are the best lightweight ones out there. The originals come with the bass. Neck back is nicely worn (like old vintage Fenders). Lot of dings and dongs on the body. But - it is a vintage Smith in full working order. Frets have been professionally dressed by my tech just these days, so the action could be set to really low.

Please note the neck through construction which is going all the way along the body, not amended by "toneblocks" glued to the neck on the body back. This construction is much more expensive than the newer ones as it is built from one bigger piece of wood.

I own a second one which is still like new and I want wo keep that one. Soundwise they are nearly identical.

Comes in a noname case.

Sold

Edited by mrbassman_de
SOLD
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...