Why become a member? ×

Frusciante rejoins RHCP

AndyTravis

3 minutes ago, Chris2112 said:

I guess the current guitarist got the sack so John could come back. 

Josh had been Johns back up and guitar tech for a good while...I’d say he’ll be milling around somewhere.

I actually really enjoyed their output with him.

• Like 1

I must say that after being a massive fan for years I pretty much lost interest immediately after seeing them live at Hampden in about 2007. 

I will be interested to see what kind of direction he takes the band in. I really didn't like By The Way at the time, and well, I still don't for the most. However there are a few tracks on that album that I really really like. Stadium Arcadium I actually quite liked, though it was too long. I didn't find it offensive of anything. 

11 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

Or a hacked account was my first thought when the wife showed me?!

He'll need all his guitars back that he gave away now and I wonder how his health is?

I think he’s been doing pretty well - he looked great at world record store day.

Think he’s been fairly active in the background, and he gave a 62 telecaster to Josh Klinghoffer.

But I’d say he has a few spare.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Could’ve made a decent single disc album that - think it was a sign their egos had swollen...

It wasn't a totally terrible album, it just didn't really sound that much like the Chilis.

Edit:

Mind you, I had the misfortune of seeing them on that tour, so that's probably coloured my judgement a bit.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

What worries is me is how long he’ll stay.

First time 1988-1992, 1998-2009...

His second stint was much longer. Maybe he’ll increase again on stint 3.

Although they’ll be mid 60’s by then. 

Unless there’s something super special waiting to happen - it might be a swan song thing.

• Like 1

Can’t say I’ve listened to anything of theirs since he left (the first time) so I’m not really best placed to comment 😕 That said RHCP were a regular part of my rotation in the BSSM era. ...and also not knowing anything about the subject never stopped anyone posting on BC ever 😐

controversially (perhaps?) I always found the bass and vocals a bit meh... drums and guitar first class though. In fact I struggle to think of anyone better for my tastes :)  

Edited by CamdenRob

11 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Just seeing if the Wikipedia page had been updated.

Seems JF is paying $53,000 a month to his ex wife since their divorce.

He has to work - so it seems.

I wonder if she’d make it through the month if he only managed $52,000?

• Haha 4

I was massively into them in the Mother's Milk & BSSM era, bought all the previous albums on import and loved every bit of it. I also really like One Hot Minute (controversial) and saw them on that tour at Wembley, they weren't great but I didn't care. Then, although I tried my best to like them, I slowly lost interest as every new album was released, Stadium Arcadium was the last one I bought. 

I really hope something great comes from having JF back as I absolutely adore his playing with them, but they're all older, I'm older, and sadly I don't think I'll ever have that feeling of exhilaration again when listening to an album of theirs for the first time. 

• Like 2