Why become a member? ×

Markbass CMD 121P - DI out problem?

MJE

I’ve owned this amp for a good few years now and the only problem I’d ever had was a build up of debris on the switch which led to power interruptions. 

When I started using a Zoom B3 I was using that to send signal to FoH instead of using the built in out on the back of the amp. However, after some problems with the pedal I went back to the DI on the back of the amp on a gig last night and the sound guy was complaining about the lack of signal being pushed to the desk (it was also very noticeable through our IEMs) even through the line out level on the amp was high. Has anyone else had any problems with the out on the back of their amp? Is there an obvious explanation/fix for this that anyone has ever encountered? 

Any help appreciated 

On the amp control panel,  the Line Out knob, far right under the on/off switch adjusts the DI level out. where have you got that set? I've never had to set it more than halfway for a strong signal. 

Edited by Muppet

2 hours ago, Muppet said:

On the amp control panel,  the Line Out knob, far right under the on/off switch adjusts the DI level out. where have you got that set? I've never had to set it more than halfway for a strong signal. 

Me neither - until yesterday... that’s why I’m thinking there’s a fault somewhere 

I used to have one of these amps and the DI out was always too hot for the desk. I used the DI on my EBS Microbass pedal. I had no idea you could change the level, but it was about 12 years ago so maybe the amp has changed a bit... quite possible I missed it, though. As it happened, the DI from the EBS wasn't too shabby...