Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Setup in the South-East / Sussex

6feet7

Setup in Sussex -

Does anyone know where I can get my double bass setup in the Sussex area (preferably, though I'll include south London or the south-east )?  I've googled but can't find anyone who isn't the other end of the country.

Malcolm Healey.  Box Hill.

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjQ68fGzrjmAhWYrO0KHSvVBPUYABAAGgJkZw&sig=AOD64_01QoWDRxeebqRJVhjrSPhNXK60mA&ved=2ahUKEwivk8DGzrjmAhWNEMAKHbUWC8UQ0Qx6BAgLEAE&adurl=

Gallery Strings (used to) contract everything to Malcolm, they are dealers not repairers.  

PS: Bought my first and only double bass from Peter Giorgardis at Gallery strings; setup by Malcolm and I still have the same bridge and soundpost 30 years later (though he finger board fell off and had to be glued back)

Edited by NickA
nothing really, just waffling
  • Thanks 2

Jerome Davies. Nice guy, great luthier, really decent bassist.

Not even remotely expensive for the quality of his work.  DId some fine work on my EUB, but have also seen work that he's done repairing, building, setting up double basses.

Well worth seeking out.

http://www.realmusicservices.co.uk/jdstrings/index.html

Edited by mangotango
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another for Laurence Dixon. He's far from you but if it's a fairly quick job, he may be able to turn it around in one day while you wait.

parking is right outside the shop and it's at south London prices (£2.70) per hour? He is very close to herne  hill station so if you can park and ride, that might work. Great guy though. Very knowledgeable and helpful too.

• Like 1