Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 2005 Musicman USA SUB 4 string active
£549
St Agnes, Cornwall

simonroberts788

Made in the USA in the San Luis Obispo factory in California, these first-generation SUBs are slab body Stingrays with the gnarly 2EQ, the same pickup, electronics and hardware as the top-of-the-range Rays but with a hard-wearing textured finish body and black painted neck. I had the back of the neck professionally stripped back to the maple and then finished in Tru-Oil - the same stuff Music Man use - for a super-fast natural feel. The rosewood board is really dark and just feels gorgeous and the neck profile is just perfect - it has that nice worn-in feel and is just a joy to play. I also added the matte black pickguard as the original thin diamond plate aluminium guards are naff. The red star sticker can easily be removed and will leave no mark - but it looked sick in my Rage Against the Machine tribute band. Also included is the Hipshot D-tuner worth £50 for slick tuning changes - no new holes were drilled to install this and I have the original tuner if you prefer. The bass looks great and feels as good as any Stingray I've played. I've had a few of these, a Stingray Classic and a Stingray 3EQ. It's pretty light too as the body is poplar rather than ash. It still has that trademark lively response and long sustain. These USA SUBs are legendary among Music Man aficionados - check out the buzz on the forums. Condition-wise the body is excellent with just a couple of nicks on the edge of the headstock. Schaller straplocks added. I can ship this in a Hiscox LiteFlite case or you can collect from St Agnes in Cornwall. I can also get it up to Bath with some notice as my parents come down to Cornwall every 6 weeks or so. Another option for cheaper shipping: I could remove the neck from the body and ship them together in a smaller box, then you can stick the neck back on. Contact me for a quote for the latter option.

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

Edited by simonroberts788
  • Like 1