Why become a member? ×

I assume this is some sort of bitsa?

alyctes

31 minutes ago, lowregisterhead said:

The neck is certainly from a Black Eagle... the slot in the headstock has been filled in and re-shaped. Why oh why??

The bottom section tends to snap off, if someone didn’t have the skill to glue it back on...they’ve just made a hash of it.

These fetch about a grand - in some cases more. Mostly down to the Nirvana/Rocket From The Krypt Connections.

I tried to order one of the 2015 limited edition ones. But was let down.

Theres one on EBay now at £625, collect only and miles away. A real shame.

28 minutes ago, pete.young said:

That's 20 minutes away from me. I'm sure we could work something out.

See what happens with a potential trade today. A guy really wants my bass but only has a 5 to trade - a lovely Bass but I’m unlikely to bond with it.

dont want to spend while I’ve got money tied in a trade - will keep in touch

8 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

The bottom section tends to snap off, if someone didn’t have the skill to glue it back on...they’ve just made a hash of it.

These fetch about a grand - in some cases more. Mostly down to the Nirvana/Rocket From The Krypt Connections.

I can remember looking for one of these when I was 15 and a big Nirvana fan, loads of them had the beaky bit of the headstock snapped off in fact IIRC one of Krist's was snapped here too. Weirdly most you see nowadays have a complete headstock.

Ended up settling for an RD Artist instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lemmywinks said:

I can remember looking for one of these when I was 15 and a big Nirvana fan, loads of them had the beaky bit of the headstock snapped off in fact IIRC one of Krist's was snapped here too. Weirdly most you see nowadays have a complete headstock.

Ended up settling for an RD Artist instead.

Same reason 

On 15/12/2019 at 09:41, AndyTravis said:

There's another on eBay too - a 1976 example, but predictably with the bottom of the headstock missing! It's also over a grand. It was the bass I lusted over as a teenager in the late 70's but could never afford. I finally got one when the re-issue came out, though. It hangs on the wall to remind me that I'm getting old...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1976-Ibanez-Black-Eagle-Bass-Guitar-Nirvana/254281881355

4 hours ago, lowregisterhead said:

There's another on eBay too - a 1976 example, but predictably with the bottom of the headstock missing! It's also over a grand. It was the bass I lusted over as a teenager in the late 70's but could never afford. I finally got one when the re-issue came out, though. It hangs on the wall to remind me that I'm getting old...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1976-Ibanez-Black-Eagle-Bass-Guitar-Nirvana/254281881355

Wow - £1k for a broken one!