Why become a member? ×

D'Addario nylon tapewound strings on my Warwick Streamer

tvickey

I just put some D'Addario nylon tapewound strings on my Warwick Streamer.  I'd never tried any strings like these before and I normally play with roundwounds. 

These are silky smooth to the touch... like playing with a silk glove on the hand.  Very warm and thumpy.  I tend to be a fast and heavy pick player, and was worried that I would simply tear them apart when I play, but they seem to be really robust. 

However, the tapewounds are a lot more quiet than the roundwounds that I just took off... but I have a GK Legacy with 800 Watts and there is plenty of headroom... so I just turn up the volume.  It's a bit of an experiment, but I have to say that I'm quite pleased with these strings at the moment and they gave me a very good first impression.

fullsizeoutput_48ae.jpeg

• Like 3

I love them, they are perfect for what I play, like you say they are warm and thumpy but not muddy, I’ve had a set on my old shell pink fender jazz for about 5 years and they still sound great, I also have a set on a tokai jazz which sounds really deep and punchy. Imo, D’addario do the best tapes, they also look really cool on your Warwick ☝️

126046B7-056B-4B9D-BA2E-91A5DCE8BF25.jpeg

• Like 1

I use the Status ones. They don't have the long scale in stock but the medium scale are ideal for 2+2 headstocked (is that even a word??) basses - OK,  Basses with 2+2 headstocks.

Available in 40 and 45 gauge - I have a couple of sets ready to be used.

Ring Dawn at Status with any enquiries.

23 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I use the Status ones. They don't have the long scale in stock but the medium scale are ideal for 2+2 headstocked (is that even a word??) basses - OK,  Basses with 2+2 headstocks.

Available in 40 and 45 gauge - I have a couple of sets ready to be used.

Ring Dawn at Status with any enquiries.

Are they still available? I know they had an issue with getting some of their strings 

45 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

I'm a recent Tape convert. I use the LaBella Copper White Nylons - they look and feel killer and are still bright enough for a lifelong rounds player. 

Apparently the standard White Nylons are even brighter so might try them next.

I much prefer the La Bella nylons to the D'Addario ones, as I prefer the heavier gauge and lower tension.

Copper Whites are my favourite, but they have stopped doing them in extra long scale so I now use White Nylons on my fretless, and yes, they are brighter.

• Like 1