Why become a member? ×

SOLD. TKS S115 bass cab. 450w 8ohm. £200 Pics added.
£200
Blackburn BB22SH

itsmedunc

As above, in good but used condition. Quite a bulky cab but extremely lightweight (think Barefaced light). At approx 14 kg and is a one hand lift.  Height: 29" or 74 cm. Width: 20.5" or 52cm. Depth: 15.5" 40cm. It has handles both sides for easy lifting.    

The tweeter has blown. It has a horrible vibration. I just turn it off at the back. It's on spade connectors and so very easy to remove completely or replace. The knob on the rear panel for the tweeter is also missing. I was going to replace them but thought I'd offer it on here at a cheaper price either to fix or use as is.

Selling as I've recently acquired a 4ohm Barefaced Big Twin and so have no need for an 8ohm cab. Pics to follow.

The grill screws are only partially screwed in on the pics as I've been investigating the tweeter. 😀

May trade for a bass head to use as a spare.

Collection from BB22SH, possible meet up. Can pack for shipping but buyer to arrange their own courier and insurance etc.

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

IMG_0444.PNG

Edited by itsmedunc
  • Like 2

I have the Tks H115 14kilo

got it without the Horn no need for

that!

With the class D amps I use this cap is transparent & clear as á bell 

without sounding thin, 

it reproduce the Sound of my passive bass werry well!

Forget a’bout the horn this cab

does not need it!

(Thats my opinon)

itsmedunc what do you say?

I say this 115 is pretty Vintage sounding, thoug it reproduces

what ewer you put in to it pretty

dam well!

Edited by potato bass
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, potato bass said:

I have the Tks H115 14kilo

got it without the Horn no need for

that!

With the class D amps I use this cap is transparent & clear as á bell 

without sounding thin, 

it reproduce the Sound of my passive bass werry well!

Forget a’bout the horn this cab

does not need it!

(Thats my opinon)

itsmedunc what do you say?

I say this 115 is pretty Vintage sounding, thoug it reproduces

what ewer you put in to it pretty

dam well!

I couldn't agree with you more. It's a really transparent cab and does not need the horn to compliment it. You are right, it reproduces exactly what is put into it. If the horn did work, I'd turn it off anyway! Thanks for the thumbs up Potato Bass! It is a great cab. 👍

I had one of these for years and loved it. I thought this was mine until you mentioned you got it from Walshy. There’s not many of these around. Mine was actually a H115 (although it has S115 on the back for some reason). It was a prototype H115 I borrowed from Water of Tyne and I liked it so much I asked Tommy if I could buy it. He changed the design soon afterward to a smaller cab. One of the best 15’s I’ve ever had. Responsive to eq - especially mids and for a 15, very quick - and with the horn a great one cab solution.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JD1 said:

I had one of these for years and loved it. I thought this was mine until you mentioned you got it from Walshy. There’s not many of these around. Mine was actually a H115 (although it has S115 on the back for some reason). It was a prototype H115 I borrowed from Water of Tyne and I liked it so much I asked Tommy if I could buy it. He changed the design soon afterward to a smaller cab. One of the best 15’s I’ve ever had. Responsive to eq - especially mids and for a 15, very quick - and with the horn a great one cab solution.

I think this might be yours. I got it from Pestie. I used Walshy's pic as it was the only one I could find until I could actually get photos of the unit. The history sounds familiar too. It is a great cab. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by itsmedunc

Ha I should read things properly! Yes it was mine. Great cab. I only sold it as I was down-sizing. I have a tie-in with Hartke now or I’d have had it back. NB if you have been running it with the tweeter turned completely off apparently it doesn’t like that and can cause the tweeter to blow. It happened once before and I remember having an exchange with Tommy about it. This is a great cab for not a lot of cash.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JD1 said:

Ha I should read things properly! Yes it was mine. Great cab. I only sold it as I was down-sizing. I have a tie-in with Hartke now or I’d have had it back. NB if you have been running it with the tweeter turned completely off apparently it doesn’t like that and can cause the tweeter to blow. It happened once before and I remember having an exchange with Tommy about it. This is a great cab for not a lot of cash.

That could well explain the tweeter blowing then! We live and learn!

Thanks for the info!