Why become a member? ×

Europe, what now?

Steve Browning

So, the die is cast and we're going to be out.

I am guessing that means a return to pro-EU rules for those of us who play there regularly. 

There is a simpler form of carnet but it still requires a list of the gear. Can anyone tell me what level of detail is required? Do you need to specify what  cables etc or are they all just cables?

I guess I need to get a list together but just don't know how specific it needs to be. 

4 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I believe nothing changes now for 2 years, while the real discussions about leaving take place. After that, we become the 51st state.

Interesting to see graphics showing that in the major urban areas - London, North West, North East, south Yorkshire and Birmingham - Labour won comfortably in most seats. Nearly all the Tory wins are in the shire counties. I'm too depressed to say much more with a terrible hard Brexit now only 6 weeks away

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I believe nothing changes now for 2 years, while the real discussions about leaving take place. After that, we become the 51st state.

2 years? Transition wasn’t extended and runs out at the end of 2020.

Well, we'll all get blue passports with 'United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland' on the front.

Until Scotland leaves, and NI reunifies with The Republic of Ireland, then we'll need new ones again with 'England & Wales' on the front.

Edited by Teebs
  • Like 1

• Rich locked this topic