Why become a member? ×

Gibson Ripper Sold
£1210
Netherlands

SurroundedByManatees

Gibson Ripper 1978 

Lovely old Gibson Ripper. This is just a great playing and sounding bass.... 

The bass is in great shape for its age. Of course it has earned its signs of use, but no structural damage. All hardware and electronics are working well. The trussrod is fine, and the neck straight. 

The out of phase position has been rewired to neck pickup solo, but can be easily reversed if you wish so. 

Some pictures:

Dd7Zf0H.jpg

DsoBmeB.jpg

WI8MDlb.jpg

X4kVmjj.jpg

KA7DDJZ.jpg

UxqmZWn.jpg

XFvqwqN.jpg

KWErQgU.jpg

8geDv7f.jpg

ie9ef4X.jpg

xPgKlV1.jpg

9iE9x2j.jpg

The Ripper has been set up with a low action, so it's playing nice and easy (at least in my hands). It has been fitted with DR fat beams which sound great on this bass. It's not a light bass, as it weighs around 5kg.

The original hardcase is included. It's handle is missing, and the other hardware is rusty. It's still okay for storing. The bridge cover and strapbuttons are also included. 

It's a tough choice but I need some stuff to go. 

Asking: €1.450 (approx £1.210)

Tradewise I'd be especially interested in an old competition mustang bass (with matching headstock). 

Some other examples of what would be of my interest:

Musicmaster bass, unlined fretless (blade, fender Japan, 70s Fender P), cool old Japanese copies, Yamaha superbass, Ibanez black eagle, Squier SQ precision, esp navigator PJ, modulus flea, avri 63 precision, Stingray with lacquered neck (ideally honeyburst, 2eq) like early 90s...

I've got more stuff to add in a trade if needed :). 

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but could be shipped insured within europe/UK. 

Edited by MB1

These are lovely old basses and have been ignored and underrated a bit in my opinion.  They have a fairly unique tone and it's possible to achieve an incredibly low action.  This one looks to be a slightly later version (there were some minor changes over the years of production) but it's in great condition for a working bass.  Good to see something out of the ordinary

Edited by three

• MB1 locked this topic