Price shipped worldwide with the neck off the body due to size constraints 

9DAFB2D3-10C5-49A3-BA2D-86BA50521D87.jpeg

B5C29BD7-8D8B-47B2-AFC6-0FEB5F2D481C.jpeg

CCD967E9-E678-415B-B5E5-36A278F0E064.jpeg

3A033C41-56B8-403C-B023-636A55429CD3.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2019 at 09:34, FDC484950 said:

Roughly 3.5% import duty on the total cost declared (including shipping), then 20% VAT on the total. There may be a handling charge for customs clearance and delivery.

I might be wrong here, but I'm sure you don't pay vat on second hand goods.  If you keep details of your transaction online and don't include a receipt (inside the packaging) they have no reason to charge you anything. It's just a bass going from one place to another.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yan_Hurei said:

I might be wrong here, but I'm sure you don't pay vat on second hand goods.  If you keep details of your transaction online and don't include a receipt (inside the packaging) they have no reason to charge you anything. It's just a bass going from one place to another.

You pay duty and tax on the declared value. it has nothing to do with new vs used goods sold by retailers in the UK:
https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

If you declare the goods as, say £100 not only do you risk being charged a lot more but a fine and possibly having the goods impounded. Customs staff are aware of Google and it just isn’t worth the risk with something of this value :)

Thanks for the link, I did some extra digging and you are correct, what a RIP off.  Same will now apply to buying stuff from the EU, so yeah basically you're screwed buying anything outside of the UK.

That said this Elite is lovely and it's not a bad price so it might still be worth it for you.

Edited by Yan_Hurei
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...